Do you think chickens would like a playhouse?

I think chickens would adore a playhouse for a coop and the chicken enhancement toys would rock their world. The house below isn't mine, but my first DIY chicken house was built on a similar design with a little less decoration.
The one below was built from a kids plastic play house and as you can see, it translated extremely well into a chicken house.
The nice thing about it? Easy to clean and easy to get pests like chicken mites out of since they don't have places to hide and breed like mites can in wooden structures.

View attachment 3066305
that is super cute!

My girls have one of those Little Tykes play houses in their run and they like it! They sit in the 'kitchen' windows, rest inside on the 'counter' when it rains and generally spend time running in and out of it. Makes a nice outdoor shelter for them and something else interesting in the run.
I'm sold now - something about chickens on the counter is too irresistible😂

Although this isn't in the league of an actual large 'playhouse' for hens, my hubby created this little "fort" with $1. worth of popsicle sticks from the Dollar Store a few years ago for our new baby chicks when they arrived. It was a "playhouse" for them and they loved it! They spent a lot of time playing in and on it.
Now, we have 3 baby chicks arriving tomorrow, and the little fort is already in the brooder for them!
I think chicks and hens love to 'play' with things!

View attachment 3067885

View attachment 3067889

View attachment 3067891
so adorable! I used my son's LEGO to build them a roosting bar support (for our babies) - thankfully it washed off well when they outgrew it 😂😂

Back
Top Bottom