Do you think this would work?/ more of my late night questions!

Photos are something I can work with. A description, without pictures will just throw me off.

Think of it as a chicken diagram.
Maybe I should challenge, myself, after all we should always strive to improve ourselves, I could start with some bad looking silkies, and try to bring them to standard. It would take ages, but I think it would be very rewarding to see my hard work pay off

Maybe I should challenge, myself, after all we should always strive to improve ourselves, I could start with some bad looking silkies, and try to bring them to standard. It would take ages, but I think it would be very rewarding to see my hard work pay off
I've taken none show Silkies, & gotten pretty close to standard. Just minor flaws. It's not hard if you choose the right genes.

I've taken none show Silkies, & gotten pretty close to standard. Just minor flaws. It's not hard if you choose the right genes.
Now you've motivated me to try it! I actually might, I'll update tomorrow maybe on my decision, but if anyone has other recommendations, I'm very interested to hear them!

As for cochin bantams, I've yet to find any unfortunately

And this is where it gets super confusing, because the European standard calls for beards as well, so that ties in to @JacinLarkwell 's point, but the problem is that the European standard is nowhere to be found! Kind of like the standards for dogs, you have to search everywhere to find them, but unlike dogs I don't really know what to look for when searching for poultry standards, you guys have set it up SO much better, for dogs and poultry alike
Pretty sure it's online if you search for it. @Amer was able to find the English orpington one at least

Back
Top Bottom