Do you use homemade laundry detergent?

Quote:
Just mixed up this recipe, can't wait until it is ready to use
big_smile.png
Don't think I have been this excited to do laundry ever
lau.gif

Quote:
We have been using ours for about a year now. We have an HE machine and have had no problems with it at all. And our clothes are very clean. Our recipe uses Fles Naptha, Borax and Washing Soda. I line dry during the warm weather and use white vinegar for softening. Works great. As a bleach alternative we use Mrs Stewart's Liquid Bluing. We have been very pleased!

I finally made my own Laundry detergent using schellie69's recipe. Thank you soooooo much! I made 5 gallons for $2.28, I couldn't believe it. I have everyone I know making it now, lol.

I'm going to make a batch using the Zote when it comes in too. I anxious to see what it smells like, the Fels Naptha smells wonderful. It's cost more to make it with the Zote though. It's $2.85 for 5 gallons vs. the $2.28 with Fels.

I also made some fabric softer (52 loads) for about .50. I can't believe I just now decided to start doing this, I could have saved a ton of money.

Quote:
I think so. Not sure I would use it on my dishes, but I might use it on my hands. Mine isn't as thick as I thought it would be, I thought about adding an additional 1/2 bar to thicken it up.

It works really well though, the clothes smell really clean, cleaner than they have ever smelled, and they are soft. They almost have a slight sweet smell to me.

Back
Top Bottom