Doa

Egger4me

Songster
Apr 23, 2022
Ok this is the first time I have experienced this from a hatchery. I had order 3 chicks from Feather Lover farms back in February. They sent my order to me in the box was two of the birds I ordered and another bird I did not. So only two of the birds ordered did they ship. Today’s date is May 13 2022. I contacted them and they said they would send their one to me. I was not rude to them at all. After awhile asked for an update. They said they were shipping the out on Tuesday. I was happy excited waiting for my little bird.
Today the box arrived the following is the email I sent them after I opened the box. I attached pictures of the opened box. My neighbor was with me when I opened.
I’m at loss for the way you have decided to handle replacing the one bird you left out of my order!
For you have gone around and picked all the dead or dying chicks and put them the box of the bird you sent me! This is was unforgivable act of retaliation. Just because I wanted the bird I payed for! I will not be doing anymore busy with your company. And no these birds didn’t dye in the post. They were dead when you put them in box! A deliberate act of cruelty! Packing live animals with dead animals is animal cruelty and a crime!
This was the first and last time I will do business with this company. I have ordered from other hatchery’s with no problems at all! I payed premium price for these birds just to be treated so awful. Has anyone one else had them do this to them?

Attachments

• 47439858-5023-47B6-AE06-6E20E85FDBDE.jpeg
    47439858-5023-47B6-AE06-6E20E85FDBDE.jpeg
    891.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 80D6C550-8A28-4D3F-BE2E-47929979EE4F.jpeg
    80D6C550-8A28-4D3F-BE2E-47929979EE4F.jpeg
    676.5 KB · Views: 17
First I'm glad you got your intended chick, and it is alive.

I am appalled and saddened about the other chicks. However, I wonder if they were alive at the company? Many companies won't ship a single chick as it won't survive without some body heat. It is very common for hatcheries to place "packing peanuts" of extra nondescript chicks in a shipment.

But those chicks should have been alive. I agree they look like they died shortly after being placed in the box with the amount of obvious decay already setting in.

I wouldn't use the company again either, but I'm inclined to chalk it up to gross incompetence rather than an intended slight.

Either way...bad company to do business with.

LofMc

I would have expected two or even three. But eleven dead chick of all kinds of breeds and six live chick. In a box for no greater then 15 birds. It was a terrible thing to do someone. I wasn’t mad when the mistake was made or anything. Just wanted the bird I paid for. It was obvious done on purpose. Some of those little birds had been dead four at least four or five days! Nasty company, now I wished I had been ugly to them. At least them I would know why.

Back
Top Bottom