Does a fox make a screaming sound?

Ok, I listened to the sounds bites of a fox and it sounds a lot like the one they have labeled "territorial" sound. Didn't sound like a Horned Owl, we don't have Fisher Cats, and it's for sure not a "cat" of any kind big or small. It's got to be the fox. I just always assumed that they would sound more like a dog. But yes someone mentioned dinosaur like sounds, this would fit that. The little booger
tongue.gif

It's hard to describe, it can sounds like a screaming/yipping sound that makes your skin crawl. A lot of times it will sound a lot closer than what they are simply because they are so loud.

Quote:
grey fox are more feline like, reds are more like the canines that they are. grey fox and bobcat both make the sound you are describing bobcats sound more like a women screaming to me greys have more of a growling scream

I had a den of fox a couple of years ago about 500' from the house and they kept me awake half the night with the screams. Drove me crazy! Thankfully they all eventually left and I had no more wild rabbits or anything else left by the time they were done!
sad.png

My dogs once cornered a mink, and it was hiding behind a wooden bear statue I have on my porch. The scream was so loud, I ran out and thought something really big was out there. All I found was this tiny mink screaming. So loud does not always mean big.
Katharina

Back
Top Bottom