Does anyone else use a Janoel incubator?

Incubators don't turn eggs continuously...every couple hours tray will tilt. Set in one direction and check again in 2 hours then again in 4 hours...should have changed positions. On the 18th day you should remove eggs from turner and lay eggs flat then close lid again. Do not keep opening incubator. Run it for 24 hours prior to putting eggs in to get proper temp. On 8th day you can candle eggs and remove unfertilized eggs. Do not open again till 18th day to remove turner....should have pips by 21st day. Leave chicks in bator till they look to be dry before taking them out. Good luck! Depending on time of season really has to do with fertile to non-fertile eggs.

Update.....4 out of 6 eggs were fertile and growing. We candled them weekly and ditched one last night that had stopped growing. The other three have good air cells on the slant and we can see movement. Lockdown today! Thanks to everyone for all the help and advice :)

Im having a problem keeping my humidity up in mine (the One with no windows) 48 egg.

I feel im putting water in everday or night. Its at 50 now even tho I put more water in last night it didnt raise to near 55.

Also same problem with different temps on screen and digital thermometer.

Mine is just the 10 egg model and only has 3 eggs in now. I went by the thermometer I put inside the incubator which read at 37 while the bator display said 39.5. I have been spraying the eggs lightly with room temp water once a day to manage humidity. But mine started off too high so I took the water out and ran it dry as suggested by another member. I have filled the water chanels now ready for hatching to raise humidity. It is now reading 78% which I think is fine for hatching. Good luck, weenicole :)

Thank you. It seems my humidity is higher during the day and lowers to the forties at night. Our weathers up and down seeing as im in northern Ireland thats normal lol. First time doing this for me.
6 eggs an only 3 days in. Feels luke a week lol

Oh also my day counter is going too quick I think. I put them in at 1pm Saturday ans this morning it had counted 3 days during the night?

Best of luck with your hatch. Excited for you lol

Two of my three eggs pipped yesterday but did not make much progress thru the day. I left them overnight and woke up to two little ducklings :celebrate

However, one of them seems quite weak and is having trouble holding her head up. Any advice anyone? I put a pinch of sugar in the water. The other looks just fine. My last egg is still in the incubator but I think it quit. Will give it another 24 hrs.

Last edited:
How did the last duck do? Two years ago when I had a poorly duckling I took to the forums and searched for advice. If you give it sugar water and boiled egg yolk to eat it helps greatly! I've just ordered a janoel 10 to put 5 eggs in next weekend as have a staggered hatch, am only putting the eggs in for lockdown...did you find it easy enough to hatch in it? I'm worried I won't know how to make it work as my other incubator is an automatic king sure so I don't have to touch it. No idea how to do a manual one let alone one I've never heard of. Would a dry hatch be better and if so what is it and how does it work?

Well if you are only using it for lockdown you will need to put water in it to keep your humidity up. I did not put water in until I went into lockdown. Just use another thermometer and hydrometer to judge your measurements. I added a non slip matting cut to the right size as I thought the plastic flooring could be slippery. As it happened the ducklings knocked the lid off the water channel when they were walking around in there after hatching so the non slip mat served its purpose.

My last egg did not hatch. The weak duckling has wry neck which is why it has trouble keeping balanced. I have done some research on this site and am supplementing her diet. She is a happy chick tho, eating and drinking well.

Good luck with your hatch let me know how u get on :fl

Well im now on day 13 as of 1pm candled last again.

When I candled day 10 most of my eggs had the black moving around crazy but saw no viens my eggs are a little hard to make out lol

But when I candled last night there wasnt as much movement I saw at least 3 eggs twitch but not moving like theyre were. Should I b worried?

Back
Top Bottom