Does anyone else use a Janoel incubator?

Thanks! I have seen the thread and it is a bit intimidating. I am still learning how to move around the site - a bit overwhelmed at times.

Just wanted to share a pic -

She is ready for the world!
1f49c.png
1f49c.png

Thanks! I have seen the thread and it is a bit intimidating. I am still learning how to move around the site - a bit overwhelmed at times.

Just wanted to share a pic -

She is ready for the world!
1f49c.png
1f49c.png
Yes she is When you put her in the brood box put a mirror in so she does,nt feel alone and hopefully she will have play mates soon

How long should I wait before I put her in the brooder? Should I give her a full 24 hours or no?
And I do realize that people's opinions are different but that is what I love about this place! I get to hear all thoughts and then do what makes sense to me. :)

Thanks so much!

I have seen opposing views on this topic about when to put them in a brooder. Some say to leave them in there as long as possible 24-48 hours in order to avoid there being a dip in the humidity level and thus shrink wrapping the other chicks in their eggs and the other view is to pull them out quickly enough so as to not allow a change in the humidity level.

In my amateur opinion, I would leave her in there to encourage the other ones to zip and hatch out of their eggs. But that's just my take - please wait for others with tons more experience chime in.

Back
Top Bottom