Does anyone else use a Janoel incubator?

Just finished my Day 5 candling. Out of the 24 eggs that were set we had to remove 6 - 2 quitters and 4 non-fertile. And out of the remaining 18, 3 are iffy - Pretty bummed about that ratio.

I have 8 High Noon-Leiper eggs and 10 Buff Orpingtons in all. Let's see what happens. hu.gif
Fingers crossed
fl.gif

Hi,

I am thrilled to report that out of 21, I have 20 that hatched healthy! The last one was fully developed but upside down and couldn't position itself in the large end of the egg.

I thought I totally blew this hatch because I started with the humidity set to lock down for the first week of the hatch. I had already removed the 3 non-fertile eggs at 14 days.

I can't say enough about this model/brand and it is truly "idiot proof" as I can personally attest to
roll.png

Thanks for asking KHoward….I had my dates off a little - today is actually Day 10...

Just did my 10 Day Candling….Out of the 18 eggs still in the incubator, 15 are viable and 3 seem to be non-fertile. (10 Buff Orpington and 8 High Noon x Leiper).

I did notice in some that the air cells seem a bit small and in some others they seemed more than ample. How does the correlation work with Humidity and the size of the air cell? The higher the humidity, the bigger the air cell develops? or just the opposite? All are welcomed to clarify Thanks

Hi all,

Has anyone tried hatching goose eggs? I have a Janoel 12 but I'm not sure if I can put goose eggs in or not? I've read one site on amazon that says you can hatch goose eggs....but....I'd rather hear about other's experiences. I'm guessing the goose eggs will be quite big and so I'd need to sit them on the 2nd tray (hatching tray) and just manually turn them every day?

Would appreciate all advice.

edited to fix spelling mistake

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom