Does anyone else use a Janoel incubator?

DAY 16-17 CANDLING…..

OK….here is my update on the last Candling results. The size of the air cells on the remaining 14 eggs I have in my J24 incubator vary in size. I have several that seem like the perfect position and size, while in a few others I see some air cells that seem not large enough, or others that the air cell do NOT have perfect symmetry and almost seem tilted, or lopsided.

Do I continue to maintain the humidity around 35-40, or do I lower it to allow the eggs with not as large air cell sizes to increase in size? and how much lower should I reduce the humidity to?

Not sure if anyone still reads this thread, but I thought I would let you know that I'm hatching chicks again in my janoel 12. I have 6 silkie eggs but only 4 are fertile and they are due to hatch this Saturday, so hopefully that goes well. I'm doing the dry incubation method because I reckon that works best for me and my bator...but I've kinda forgetting what to do for lock down, but ill figure something out
tongue.png
(I find the less you stress the better the hatch)
Anyways ill keep you all posted on how the hatch goes
big_smile.png

Hi
frow.gif
Just to send you best wishes on your hatch, fingers crossed
fl.gif
you get 4 I know when I did my last hatch with my janoel 24 I had 3 go into lockdown out of 6 and all 3 hatched so I was quite pleased with that , just waiting now to see if I,ve got 3 girls they are about 12wks old now and they are easter eggers, keep us updated bye for now

I have a janoel 24 and I love it! My hatches - we have done 3, have been really good. The last one was the worst because our air conditioner died and everything got super hot. A week later the electricity went out - those poor babies! We ended up with 13 out of 24 and I thought that was a miracle!

you guys might be wondering how my hatch went so I thought I would update you all on it :)

So I had a bit of drama... I had 4 fertile eggs and when I went into lockdown I had trouble keeping the humidity up. I would add water until it was around 65 - 70% but then an hour later I would check and it would be back around 40 -50% but I managed with that. then the night before they were due to hatch we had a thunder storm and the power went out
somad.gif
but I didn't know this until the morning when I woke up! so I rushed to get the generator (well dad did :p) and hooked it up. I candled the eggs to check if there was any movement or piping but I could see or hear anything and I didn't have much hope that any would hatch. I was out for the day and when I came home I checked the eggs and one had pip!!
celebrate.gif
but then I noticed it pipped the wrong end!!
he.gif
but I left it and checked it regularly. I left it over night not expecting it to live because I doubted that it would hatch out. in the morning (day 22) I checked again the eggs and there was not much progress from the egg that had pipped and no progress from the other 3 eggs. I ended up chipping off the tiniest bit off shell of the one that had pipped just to help it a bit and then i left it. when I came back I realised it had managed to some how pip on the right end! I had to go out for the day and when I can back the chick had fully pipped/zipped and was out of its shell!!
ya.gif

So that's my story none of the others have hatched and I doubt they will this little chicky is in a brooder and is still a tiny but wet. ill post pics soon :)

I have a janoel 24 and I love it! My hatches - we have done 3, have been really good. The last one was the worst because our air conditioner died and everything got super hot. A week later the electricity went out - those poor babies! We ended up with 13 out of 24 and I thought that was a miracle!

sounds like we had similar experiences. I too was expecting a hatch either bub I got one little chick :)

Back
Top Bottom