Does anyone else use a Janoel incubator?

I just hatched 2 out of 12 eggs but i believe it was my fault cause i had to open the incubator so many times

I think the reason why some of my eggs didn't hatch was because of the humidity
1f611.png

They say to put 100ml of water in the base but that is DEFINITELY not enough. I'm sorry for your poor hatch @chick2917 ... I hope your two babies are doing well :)

Yes, definitely! I really LOVED this incubator... 6/8 hatched... And the two that didn't were infertile! I am doing another hatch with this incubator but honestly, I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA how to work the humidity! I hadn't and haven't bought a hygrometer, so I'm going on knowledge and experience. The last time I hatched with this incubator, 100 ml was definitely not enough, and the ducklings hatched out very weak, and one needed help getting out :( so this time, I'm going to go up to 200ml, and I'm going to mark on the base the water level, and then I'd add an additional 100ml before the hatch, and mark the water level then. We'll see what happens! :fl

a skunk killed my sweet broody hen --so trying this for the first time and already I've made a huge mistake! HELP! I didn't have the lid on right and when I candled t day 7, I had lost all my eggs but one. I couldn't toss it out, right? anyway-- I put in 8 more eggs--and now egg #1 is almost ready to go into lockdown. oh no! I set up a nest for her, in a lg plastic container with soft cloth at the bottom, 2 jar lids with water, a blanket to cover it, and a 23w bulb over it. I need to take it out of the bator in 2 days. anyone have ideas on how to do this?

Hi, I've got a Janoel-10 incubator but have lost the instructions... just wondering does anyone know if there is a way to re-calibrate the thermostat? I've got it set at 39.5 which seems to be the highest it will go but also got another thermometer in there and it's only reading 35.6...
barnie.gif

Hi BC-NZ + Everyone else
I use a Janoel 24 and its great,had many good hatches and also have a few other chinese made Incubators.

To calibrate the temperature you need to:
press SET for 3 seconds to enter Menu display
Push (+) or (-) until code CA appears on screen.
Push SET to display temp correction setting
Use (+) or (-) to increase or decrease.

Hope this helps.
Darren

The Janoel MINI one, yes. holds 9 standard or 12 small eggs. I squeezed 16 into it.
I purchased two.
Placed 16 bantam eggs in each.
8 were not fertile the one that was odd shape died. I have 23 live and active chicks.

I suggest an external temp-RH reader. if it has probe place inside probe only reads temp not RH. RH is measured from back of unit.
so yes works well. Both of them
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I'm incubating 5 muscovy duck eggs in the Janoel-12 incubator. Everything seems to be going along perfectly so far. Humidity can be a bit fussy though, and instead of filling the bottom of the bator with 100ml of water, which was way too much, the humidity got too high.. I just fill a medicine cup up with around 15-20ml of water every day or two, and keep it to the side of the bator next to the moving tray. It doesn't get in the way, and seems to be better that way, and also more controllable.
I am halfway through incubating, eggs due on the 25th of feb. Hoping this cheap bator holds on until then, super paranoid of it breaking down! hoping other people have had good success with this bator.

This is my thread on the progress - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1150213/incubating-muscovy-eggs-progress

Last edited:
I have the Janole 12 (yeah...china), I have just completed my first (ever) hatch, and was pleased that 4 of 7 eggs hatched...and I may have denied two more by opening the bater to move two chicks which hatched on day 23....(I had 1@21d, 1@22d, and two more on day 23)..all 4 are healthy and I was very pleased at the ease of use with the Janole 12....I would recommend this model for the convenience of the auto turner. FYI: Me and my peeps are happy and had a great valentine's day.

Back
Top Bottom