Does anyone keep a wellness log for their flock?

I use an app called flock star...you can log egg count, weight, when they hatched, and personal notes. It breaks down all the info you log onto a graph and overall analysis of the flock
Ooo, I'm going to have to download that! Much easier than logging it in docs. Thank you! I'm going to look into this.

Ooo, I'm going to have to download that! Much easier than logging it in docs. Thank you! I'm going to look into this.
You're welcome! I've been using it since March last year and I love it! When my brahma was laying soft shelled eggs, I could note when she laid them and when I gave her calcium pills. It made tracking her recovery crazy easy! Every day after work I let the ladies out, collect eggs, whip out my phone and tend to business ;)

I've been using Mother Hen on android for egg collection, flock management and feed expenses. It can also track meat harvest and allows for adding notes, events and pics on individual birds, estimated POL. Only thing it doesnt have is incubation tools and it lumps everyone into the same flock, which is annoying for me as mine don't all just run together. I've used some creative naming to track their locations instead. It does have settings for multiple breeds and bird types. You can add in a custom breed profile for pet projects or unlisted breeds too. It's not free, but only costs a few dollars so I wasn't fussed if it didn't end up working out. It's now my main tracker though.

I couldn't find anything I thought was suitable for my sheep, so I built my own database in Airtable for android - took some time to set up, but will now track everything that's relevant for my small farm. I can add pics for them, enter a famacha score, keep track of parentage, drenches and vet visits etc.. just had to set it all up myself from scratch. It's a little clunky, but fit for my purposes and doesn't contain excess crap I don't need to manage. I've even set up my paddocks and am tracking what farm assets and flock members are where.

I've been using Mother Hen on android for egg collection, flock management and feed expenses. It can also track meat harvest and allows for adding notes, events and pics on individual birds, estimated POL. Only thing it doesnt have is incubation tools and it lumps everyone into the same flock, which is annoying for me as mine don't all just run together. I've used some creative naming to track their locations instead. It does have settings for multiple breeds and bird types. You can add in a custom breed profile for pet projects or unlisted breeds too. It's not free, but only costs a few dollars so I wasn't fussed if it didn't end up working out. It's now my main tracker though.

I couldn't find anything I thought was suitable for my sheep, so I built my own database in Airtable for android - took some time to set up, but will now track everything that's relevant for my small farm. I can add pics for them, enter a famacha score, keep track of parentage, drenches and vet visits etc.. just had to set it all up myself from scratch. It's a little clunky, but fit for my purposes and doesn't contain excess crap I don't need to manage. I've even set up my paddocks and am tracking what farm assets and flock members are where.
Awesome! I'll look into that app to. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

I use Flockstar too! I think I’m going to get a journal for chicken health and gardening plans though. I just like writing that kinda thing down. I do love the graphs on Flockstar for egg tracking!

Attachments

• FC8B3C6C-08DB-418C-8404-E70DCA22C014.png
    FC8B3C6C-08DB-418C-8404-E70DCA22C014.png
    315.5 KB · Views: 3
  • EA7BB27B-5BFC-41EA-BAA3-5BABF87F17C9.png
    EA7BB27B-5BFC-41EA-BAA3-5BABF87F17C9.png
    223.3 KB · Views: 3
Hey guys, with this whole Avian Influenza going around, its really got me thinking that I should be keeping track of certain things that go on with my flock. This way I can notice something that is off, or a possible symptom before things get to sever. I started a log yesterday for egg production, but I want to add more to it. Do any of you keep a wellness log for your flock? If so, what do you log? How do you set it up etc? For now, I'm using Google docs, but I think I'll do it on paper two. Honestly I think its a bit easier that way.
So far, I think I want to log egg production, since sudden drops in egg production are symptoms of certain disease, such as AI. I also want to log molting, results of a monthly check that I plan to start doing very soon, and a page for oddities, symptoms, etc.
Just wanted to see if anyone else is logging out their. If theres anything I should add, or if you have any tips. :) Interested to see what others say.
That is the smartest idea ever I am going to start one right now

Back
Top Bottom