Does anyone know how to breed Lohmann browns?

;) And you make red sex links by putting a RIR or New Hampshire rooster over a white Leghorn/production white/California White hen, or, less commonly (and less productively) a White Rock or Delaware hen.

Last edited:
;) And you make red sex links by putting a RIR or New Hampshire rooster over a white Leghorn/production white/California White hen, or, less commonly (and less productively) a White Rock or Delaware hen.
RIR/NH rooster crossed to a Birchen/Extended black hens with dominant white will no yield visible sex links, they will all be yellow due to the chicks inheriting the E or ER chick down(E/eWh chicks)

RIR/NH rooster crossed to a Birchen/Extended black hens with dominant white will no yield visible sex links, they will all be yellow due to the chicks inheriting the E or ER chick down(E/eWh chicks)

I am absolutely certain you are right, I was just reciting the listed lineage of the RSLs I've bought over the years. I've only ever bred them by accident in my free range flock.

For those of us not deeply into genetics, would you list the breed crosses that have worked best for you?

[QUOTE="RiverOtter] For those of us not deeply into genetics, would you list the breed crosses that have worked best for you?
[/QUOTE] For sex links? Fibromelanotic rooster over white leghorn

Thankyou for your help just 1 more question so does anyone know the exact 2 breeds that make the “Lohman brown”?

Back
Top Bottom