Does Anyone Use 'The Little Egg Scrubber'?

Valley of Drakes

In the Brooder
Feb 24, 2024
I've started up our duck egg farm and know that egg washing (particularly needed for duck eggs) can be time consuming, so I was looking into the Little Egg Scubber as an option.

Their link here:
https://thelittleeggscrubber.com/

They market it convincingly, and I'm sure it does the job, but every user's video includes soaking the eggs first, and I'm not "an egg soaker".

So first, does anyone here USE the Green Egg Scrubber, and if they do, do they presoak or not?

Also, does anyone use a pressure washer? I knew a man who did that QUITE successfully as a single income fulltime egg farmer. He could wash 1200 eggs in 45 minutes with a relatively inexpensive pressure washer.

Thanks everyone for your help!

how many laying ducks do you have?
Your user name is hilarious. I love it. Makes me think of - Yea , though I walk through the valley of drakes....

Wow expensive. Since I don’t have that many ducks laying now I just clean by hand. Pressure washer that sounds like it would blast them to never never land
I watched him do it! He must have turned the pressure down or something. He lined up about 20 of the 5 dozen, red, plastic, flats on a concrete pad; washed, turned, washed turned. He isn't farming anymore so I can't ask, and I NEVER thought I was going to be an egg farmer!!! 🤣😂🤣 so I didn't ask more questions.

how many laying ducks do you have?
Your user name is hilarious. I love it. Makes me think of - Yea , though I walk through the valley of drakes....
We have 14 adult layers with 30 ducklings coming in next week. ...and a some drakes.
I don't mind washing eggs, but it takes about 30 seconds an egg. (Im not a fan of soaking eggs, though I think it's less of an issue with duck eggs for sure : much less porous.) If I build my business on the premise that I'm a paid employee, that is quite an expense for each dozen eggs. Especially come fall when those ducklings start laying!😳

The name has a couple meanings to us. First, we started our egg business by adopting 8 drakes. 🤣😂😂 Second, we're in the Willamette Valley. Third, 'drake' can also refer to a dragon so it's a nod to our nerdy side. Our logo has several drake ducks and drake dragon in the background. (It's still in the works. I'm super excited about our friend's artwork!)

We have 14 adult layers with 30 ducklings coming in next week. ...and a some drakes.
I don't mind washing eggs, but it takes about 30 seconds an egg. (Im not a fan of soaking eggs, though I think it's less of an issue with duck eggs for sure : much less porous.) If I build my business on the premise that I'm a paid employee, that is quite an expense for each dozen eggs. Especially come fall when those ducklings start laying!😳

The name has a couple meanings to us. First, we started our egg business by adopting 8 drakes. 🤣😂😂 Second, we're in the Willamette Valley. Third, 'drake' can also refer to a dragon so it's a nod to our nerdy side. Our logo has several drake ducks and drake dragon in the background. (It's still in the works. I'm super excited about our friend's artwork!)
i’d love to see your logo!

Back
Top Bottom