does this fit here?

PuppyBantamCochin

Songster
9 Years
Apr 19, 2010
today...after getting back from some classes I went out to check my critters. I was just planning to have half way normal day. It already had been traumatic enough.
so...I get back and I see my rabbit (this hutch is 2ft off the ground) hutch door is wide open. I'm like ''okay??'' The rabbit, my pregnant florida white doe...is missing. I look around. In the goat shed, under our storage shed, anywhere a rabbit would think to hide. Then, I'm looking around and all of a sudden, I see something white in the neighbor's yard. No, it can't be. Well, it is.
she's dead. Killed by our neighbor's dogs. I left her in my neighbor's yard. I hope they find her.
somad.gif

My sister claims she locked the cage...either she didn't or our neighbor's little bratty kid came over and opened it.
I am so
he.gif

she was my 2nd doe...due on march 17th...i was planning to keep a couple of her babies...now she's gone
sad.png

I feel like yelling at somebody...but no one is really to blame...
hmm.png

Oh wow, I'm so sorry about your doe.

Hoping you get to the bottom of it, and can put a lock on the latches and somehow restrict the neighbor kids and dogs from getting in. It sure doesn't take away the loss or pain but if the dogs came into your yard the neighbor owes you for damages. It's unlikely that even a loose rabbit heads for a yard with dogs in it. When I was a kid dogs jumped the fence and tore into a big hutch. They're was a witness and the dog owners paid for it.

So sorry.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom