Does THIS mean we have too many chickens ?!-----The "skinny" revealed.

Quote:
*sigh*..i've allready answered this. In DETAIL even lol
But since there are 13 pages now and you haven't seemed to see my previous response to this question. I'll do it one more time jist fer you
big_smile.png

I have 8 buff orp x Jersey Giant. From those 8 i have 12 Buff Opr x Jersey Giant x RIR. I have 7 Araucanas 6 hens and 1 roo. I have 8 Silver Laced Wyandottes,7 hens and 1 roo. I have 2 Golden Seebrights, 1 hen ad 1 roo. that makes 8+12+7+8+2=37 chickens. Plus a trio of Silver Pheasants and a trio of Yellow Golden pheasants. Which comes to a total of 43 birds here. I also have 3 dogs,2 rotties and 1 Belgian Sheppard. 1 opposum.1 bull snake.1 stripped knee tarantula.And 34 dumbo rats.
Oh yeah, and one slightly over 6' grey rat snake somewhere in the house.
OOOOps, i allmost fergot about Grampa. He is our resident brown bat that makes a late night appearence once er twice a week in our bedroom.

Hey Jim,
Nah, they haven't quit laying for 20 weeks, just that they are 20 weeks old now and haven't started.
Careful what I wish for though huh, because I have 40 of them.
They will probably all start at the same time and I will be inundated.
Thats okay with me though, as I have always planned to give them away anyway.
I have a large family of my own so I know what its like to raise a family in the economy, so I figured I would just leave some on the neighbors steps.
I know my pastor keeps a private list of people that he helps so I figured I could leave some with him to give out as well.
I got these chickens as pets and the eggs are just a bonus.
I will probably get alot of eggs but I am not worried about opening the frig door and being hit by an avalanche of eggs, there are always people who would rather take fresh laid eggs than store bought.

It's funny because you waisting them never even came to my mind! Why on earth would someone clean, pack and store that many eggs just to waste them?!
big_smile.png

Do you mean to tell me that's all from 1 day??????!!!!!! Plus, not all the chickens lay at the same time, so you must have, what, 450 chickens??? Tell us how many you have!! now i really want to know!!!!

thanks just for me
smile.png
. guess what 2 or 3 post down someone else is asking
lau.gif
guess Im not the only one that missed it. grandpa is lucky to have you all hed get from me is a broom and a boot lol.
Quote:
*sigh*..i've allready answered this. In DETAIL even lol
But since there are 13 pages now and you haven't seemed to see my previous response to this question. I'll do it one more time jist fer you
big_smile.png

I have 8 buff orp x Jersey Giant. From those 8 i have 12 Buff Opr x Jersey Giant x RIR. I have 7 Araucanas 6 hens and 1 roo. I have 8 Silver Laced Wyandottes,7 hens and 1 roo. I have 2 Golden Seebrights, 1 hen ad 1 roo. that makes 8+12+7+8+2=37 chickens. Plus a trio of Silver Pheasants and a trio of Yellow Golden pheasants. Which comes to a total of 43 birds here. I also have 3 dogs,2 rotties and 1 Belgian Sheppard. 1 opposum.1 bull snake.1 stripped knee tarantula.And 34 dumbo rats.
Oh yeah, and one slightly over 6' grey rat snake somewhere in the house.
OOOOps, i allmost fergot about Grampa. He is our resident brown bat that makes a late night appearence once er twice a week in our bedroom.

I am so jealous i feel like a little green monster! you are SOOOO lucky!!!!!!! i wish i had all of those chickens!!! how many do you have? you could probably make *100 bucks
by selling those eggs!!!!
love.gif
think of all the chickens. get a roos and good broody hens and you could rival Murry Macmurry hatchery!!!
you trespassed and are now living in my dream world, kindly get out of my dream world and let me back in!!!!
lau.gif

*more or less

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom