dog killed 15 hens and one is left with dog 2 dog bites. I have baytril. but not sure what to use.

She is not standing at all. She is moving. She is trying to stand. But there is no standing at all. She is desperately trying. She is still "walking" on her knees...
hmm.png
But she sings and clucks all the time. Do you really think there is still hope? I am still doing all of the vitamins and aspirin and what not... And she is taking it all along with A LOT of food like a trooper.
I would still give her time and use the sling method that Kathy has posted. I was trying to think of ways to get her up to stand. those sling ideas are great.

I forgot to tell you. I used to rehab wild bunnies and adult wild rabbits and the limb injured ones, I would put them into water therapy.
I filled the sink with water put a towel on the bottom of the sink and hold the rabbit so his legs would have to move against the water. This helped their legs to gain strength.
Your girl may need to strenghten her legs with the water resistance therapy so she can regain stability, since it has been awhile for her walking.
I would try both. The sling and the water resistance therapy.
Tell us what happens.
Thanks,
mg

Wow!! Will that help her? Those are most awesome!! I guess it will allow her strong leg to stay strong and the other to try and work! I will try and keep you posted. Thanks so much! BTW---I think I saw her push up and stand even if it was for just a second. :)

Was just looking at the pictures of the chicken with the cuts. Don't know if it has been mentioned but a cream called Fura-Zone is amazing to me. I used it when I had horses and started using it on dogs when they got cut or scraped. A friends dog got a real nasty cut one time that I just knew was gonna need a vet to close up. Packed it with this stuff and the next morning it was unbeleivable how it had closed already. It is an antibiotic cream.

Yea, I was aware but I probably wouldn't eat a chicken after it was attacked by a dog anway, especially if going to trouble to save it lol. Wonder if any effect on future eggs? Wouldn't imagine you would get eggs for quite sometime anyway after a chicken suffered an injury like that. It is amazing though what animals can recover from. A few years back a friend of mine had pics of a buck he had been watching all year. One week after hunting season he shows up on camera scraped up from head to toe and his jaw looked broke and part of the nasal cavity exposed. He looked rough and had lost a lot of weight already. We were certain he would starve to death so I called a local warden up I knew and asked for permission to put him down. He nicely told us he just wasn't allowed to do that so we didn't. Couldn't beleive it next year when he showed back up almost healed and looking good. I sent the new pics to dnr which was amazed and said they were going to use as an example in training classes as to what the animals can really overcome.

Back
Top Bottom