Dog Mutts/Mixes Thread!

Ok, I will re-post mine on here.

Bonnie. She was rescued from the pound, just 1 day before she would have been euthanized, save a pound dog! They know they have gotten a second chance and they turn out wonderfully! I think Bonnie is a Border Collie/Black Lab mix. She loves water, and when we take her to the pond, she try's to ''rescue'' everybody from the pond.

Bailey. She was rescued from the pound with Bonnie. They became best friends very fast. Bailey was badly abused. She is scared of most men. She has become my very best friend, and has learned to trust me. I think Bailey is a Boxer/Hound mix.

@CuzChickens I have 3 pound pups. All have turned into great dogs. Will NEVER shop for dogs again!

I have a question... Do you know for sure your pup was abused? And I don't mean this in an ugly way, but I am curious because often when someone has an incondfident dog they assume it was abused because it shakes or hides when you raise your voice. My goats were never abused, but they run if you have a beard.
tongue.png

My third girl was rescued from the pound at about 10 weeks, severely emaciated, she was a lab mix put in with the chihuahuas. When I brought her home she was happy go lucky, all over the place. As she matured she became what I would have thought was a very abused dog. She shakes like a chihuahua and tries to make herself as small as possible and hide behind me when we go out in public. I figure maybe her mom passed and she was found or something. We ended up battling tape worms and getting rid of the mange that developed (I learned of at a vaccine clinic when a worker told me that's what her balding spots were). I thought she was having allergic reactions, which she was but those were a symptom. It took a lot of commitment to bring her health to a point where I KNOW she is good. My point is... this little girl has never had a hand raised to her, slept on my neck as a pup, sleeps in our bed, treated with the utmost kindness. We don't fight or yell in our household, but we literally can not talk politics in front of her.
hmm.png
And if you try to give her a treat, she thinks it's a trick and runs away to hide! She is one of my best dogs ever, but if she ever gets out and found someone is going to swear up and down that she IS abused when I know for A FACT that she never has been. So I am just curious. Of course I know there are abused dogs, and I have met many.... I don't discount that at all. But my dogs are scared of and vicious towards black people, just because they haven't been accustomed to seeing someone different. And I know often times men SEEM more threatening especially if they aren't around men a lot. Doesn't mean a man actually abused them. Again, please don't take this wrong. I am just having a conversation about it as I haven't had the chance to discuss it before. My mom always thought her chihuahua was abused, but that one I don't think was either. So my lab mix pound pup is currently 5 years old and 65 pounds. She still suffers from allergies (has hive outbreaks) but not as bad as before. She has some great Dane characteristics but acts like the "wow wows" is what I call chihuahuas. So we think she might be the Great Wa Wa! Oddly, to a degree all the dogs are reflections of different aspects of me. And she very clearly got the anxiety part. She loves to go out, but shakes the whole time which probably contributes to how lean she is.

Funny thing about her... when she is messing with the other dogs, she will run behind us and act all tough like we are holding her back!
lol.png

My current dogs who rescued me came from Kern County Animal Control. Where they put down more than 3,000 cats, dogs and other animals per year.
sad.png
barnie.gif
Please spay or neuter, it saves lives! I will never forget that place. They are doing the best they can, but someone has to make up for it when people won't take responsibility for their pets.

Of course I have some more (fun) stories to share and look forward to reading some and seeing more awesome pics. Your girls are gorgeous!

@LilJoe Nice thread idea. Mutts are awesome! Where's your pic and story?

All 3 of my mutt dogs (1 is pure queensland heeler mutt) are able to free range with my chickens!
yesss.gif
Chicks are a whole other story though.

Thank y'all for letting me share.

Here are some pictures of my pretty girl. I got her two years ago from a local shelter in New York. She was found as a stray that had recently had puppies and was in the shelter for about three or four months before I got her. I had originally gone to the shelter to look at another dog which was a grey pitbull mix. However, on the ride up I got an email from my apartment telling me they didn't allow pits, rotties, and GSDs. So this girl (now Sienna) was the only dog at the shelter that looked enough like other mixes that my apartment complex wouldn't care and I was right! She's definitely a beagle mix of something, and I usually tell people her other half or ridgeback or boxer. I actually see a lot of the same kinds of mixes around here that look just like her.

Someone had actually adopted her for a week but didn't like that she laid in their couches. Lucky for me! She's been a great dog. So easy to train and we do a lot together. She is a little scared of people - women more so than men, but we are working on it. She is great with my family and we can do anything with her. She's definitely a mush and loves being with her people.

She actually looks a bit like Bailey above!

Last edited:
This is really neat, I don't get to share my sweet mutts a lot because people seem to be more interested in the purebreds. This could be a long post because I got three! :D

1. Olive

Olive may or may not be a purebred Beagle, we're not quite sure, but maybe someone else might know. She was a rescue though and is one of the sweetest dogs! After our beloved dog, Babe, passed away after 13 years with him, we were heartbroken. We lived in a rental house for about a year while we were looking for a house in the country, so we couldn't have dogs after he died but as soon as we moved we started looking for a dog. We actually went to a rescue organization (Heritage Farms Animal Rescue, we actually got all three of our dogs from there) to look at at a puppy. We didn't like the puppy or really any of the other dogs bad we certainly didn't want "that" Beagle puppy. But right before we left we decided to look at the Beagle, which actually wasn't a puppy at all, she was just so malnourished and unhealthy she looked like one! Everyone just fell in love with her so we took our sweet little Olive home. I have some fun stories about her, but I'll save those for another time. :) She's healthy and happy and a stinky girl running around our backyard now! (At the shelter she was named Priscilla, but we changed it.)
2. Murphy

This is our sweet boy Murphy! He's some sort of Pointer mix we think. A few months after we got Olive she started to get an attitude with other dogs, not something we wanted. So we called the shelter we got her from and told them the situation (we weren't going to give Olive back, we just wanted to know if they had some advice for us :) ). They said the best way to fix this is make her deal with another dog, so we went back out to the shelter and looked at their dogs and fell in love with Murphy (previously named Meadow at the shelter). And Murphy fell in love with Olive too, infact he dared to go into what we call "Olives Princess House" at the shelter! Boy, was she disgusted! But now even though she won't admit it she loves Murphy! Murphy is definitely a special dog, he loves to just be running and protecting his people and his animals all day long. And of course killing the rodents in our yard as well! He is quite timid around new people though and seems to have a very strong bond with only a few people. He does love his cage though so anytime he's scared he just runs to his cage and stays out of everyone's way. He seems to really understand people and he rarely gets in trouble because he understands when someone's mad and just runs to his cage to avoid getting yelled at.
3. Checkers

He's some sort of big Bernese Mountain Dog mix! He's still a puppy and is just a big hunk of sweetness! Murphy is his bestest friend ever and Checkers can't stand being without him. Checkers thinks he's a lap dog, but it's very painful because he's huge!

Thanks for the opportunity to share my babies! I look forward to seeing everyone else's!

@EggSighted4Life (sorry tagging is not working now.)

I am not positive she was abused, but she was found tied to a tree by animal control, obviously left to die, not food or water, a broken tail (it is still crooked) and horribly emaciated. She was soooo scared at first of me and men, she peed in submission if you came within 2 feet of her, and then one day, my dad walked into the dog pen wearing work boots, a tool belt and hammer, and she flipped out and attacked him, I did not take your post the wrong way, I understand how you can doubt me, but I am pretty sure she was badly abused by a carpenter or something, she is also scared of my dad when he wears his glasses.

Here are some pictures of my pretty girl. I got her two years ago from a local shelter in New York. She was found as a stray that had recently had puppies and was in the shelter for about three or four months before I got her. I had originally gone to the shelter to look at another dog which was a grey pitbull mix. However, on the ride up I got an email from my apartment telling me they didn't allow pits, rotties, and GSDs. So this girl (now Sienna) was the only dog at the shelter that looked enough like other mixes that my apartment complex wouldn't care and I was right! She's definitely a beagle mix of something, and I usually tell people her other half or ridgeback or boxer. I actually see a lot of the same kinds of mixes around here that look just like her.

Someone had actually adopted her for a week but didn't like that she laid in their couches. Lucky for me! She's been a great dog. So easy to train and we do a lot together. She is a little scared of people - women more so than men, but we are working on it. She is great with my family and we can do anything with her. She's definitely a mush and loves being with her people.

She actually looks a bit like Bailey above!

Awww, she is cute, and she does look like Bailey!

Back
Top Bottom