Dogs and chickens?

Yep, Ann, my chickens were all out in the windy day also! Lovin life and eating their fool heads off in the orchard. Wind and cold doesn't kill chickens. Now, wet, cold and windy....maybe they could get sick. Mine never have. Sounds like the guy has arranged some sort of structure and so is aware of providing basic needs for his birds. No neighborly help needed, I'm sure!
wink.png

Quote:
1) The winds are most likly the reason for a tarp
2) Telling someone to "go take a look when no one is home" is called Trespassing.. Its NOT legal.. AGAIN.. go meet your neighbor.. Do you even know there name? Have you invited them over for a cup of coffee? Im guessing not.
Your more than likly a nosie neighbor that is looking for a reason *coffs* excuse to take action. In doing so you are loosing the chance to brauden your knowlage, and your circle of freinds.

I highly recomend the action you take is having your neighbor over. Learning thier name. Makeing a new freind, and maybe they will bring you over some freash eggs someday, or home made custard.
Being a clucking hen, here with strangers wont' get you as far as sharing a hot drink on a cold day with your neighbor. It is he, (is it a he?) you should be talking to if you want answers and change. Not us.
Sorry but I have never learned the fine art of "dancing around the bush"

Last edited:
Wow, well this kinda took a life of it's own and to places I didn't or wasn't taking it, but thank you and carry on!

1. Healthy chickens in a clean environment pose no threat to dogs or children.

2. Chickens have EXREME cold tolerance. They do need a shelter to get out of the wind and rain.

3. Chickens range at their own discretion in some very miserable weather. So the need to lock them up just isn't there.

4. If you think it is ugly speak with you neighbor. Communication does wonders.

I think this addresses your concerns.

I will be watching this thread to ensure it stays VERY civil.

Kurtis
BYC moderator

Telling someone to "go take a look when no one is home" is called Trespassing.. Its NOT legal..

Amen !
We had a neighbour who didn't like that our dog is kept outside even though the dog has a nice house , plenty of bedding and well fed . They called the humane society on us , which got them nowhere because it was a healthy well taken care of dog. These people have two dogs of the same breed in their house and that's their choice. We'll make our own.

Fast forward a few months , we go on vacation. We had arranged someone to come care here and care for dog. Said nosy neighbour then came into our yard to check on our dog and was caught at by both the person we had here caring for the dog and the neighbour across the street. Neighbour across the street took pictures of the noisy neighbour entering and exiting our yard which we used when we called the sheriff's office on him as proof of trespassing. This man was lucky not to be bit by our Rottie , he should thank his lucky stars. If you come in the yard with us , she'll greet you belly up. If you don't , enter at your own risk
tongue.png

Thank god these people have moved and that we have other good neighbours like the one with the camera.

Stay in your own yard dear. He's not poking in yours, stay out of his.​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom