Dogs

100E0900.JPG

Dogs are my favorite! Everyone has adorable babies :loveOur fur balls are full brother and sister from different litters. Dad is an English Bull Terrier, Mom is an American Bull Terrier

Frank the Tank, 80lbs of love and affection. If I had the time I’d take him for therapy dog training, he loves to give love.
821E5586-F78F-4C98-BCD7-D44304FD7250.jpeg

F714DD04-81D7-457F-87F3-BF32B15797D2.jpeg

Abby-normal. She’s not especially friendly with the public, ignoring the people is her preference although she’s my constant companion and trusted protector.
43ABBE66-2763-43B2-927E-69BAAB99C1EE.jpeg
30927A4B-0174-40D9-9CB5-BDD23A8EC722.jpeg

Both
925C77C8-4FF9-4A49-BAB5-C4E754D0D902.jpeg

Poor baby.
My cousin recently took in a deaf rescue pit and brought him to the family get together on Easter. Beautiful, friendly dog, but he'll be a challenge for sure. Cuz spent a good deal of time chasing him down and trying to get his attention when he'd wander away.
He's also refusing to get him neutered. That seems like a terrible idea to me, as they are big "off leash companion dog" folks. Hope they'll figure it out. I applaud the willingness to take in a handicapped dog though, for sure.
My sister owns a gigantic blue pit bull which is deaf. The breeder was going to euthanize the pup but my sister convinced him to give her the dog with the provision that the dog would be neutered. His name is Mooshi and he weighs 110 lbs, solid muscle. He's extraordinarily attentive and watches your face and hands- he wants to see what you're looking at, and he understands hand signals. She also put a buzzbox on his collar- when they're out on her property and he gets ahead, she presses the remote and the buzzbox vibrates. He immediately turns to look and see what she wants.

I believe that a huge part of who the dog "is" and how engaged he is with the family is due to his deafness. He HAS to see your face and HAS to watch your hands, so he's very keyed into interaction with his people.

My sister owns a gigantic blue pit bull which is deaf. The breeder was going to euthanize the pup but my sister convinced him to give her the dog with the provision that the dog would be neutered. His name is Mooshi and he weighs 110 lbs, solid muscle. He's extraordinarily attentive and watches your face and hands- he wants to see what you're looking at, and he understands hand signals. She also put a buzzbox on his collar- when they're out on her property and he gets ahead, she presses the remote and the buzzbox vibrates. He immediately turns to look and see what she wants.

I believe that a huge part of who the dog "is" and how engaged he is with the family is due to his deafness. He HAS to see your face and HAS to watch your hands, so he's very keyed into interaction with his people.
This is super sweet that she was able to save him. We would have kept our blind and deaf puppy but we werent prepared for it and the vet said he would have other health problems.

Back
Top Bottom