Dong Tao or Ga Ho

All I know I have found out through other parties. I'm sure that if someone builds enough of their own stock to offer some of them for sale, they will do so. From what I can tell, there were some in Germany, but they died out. They do not do well outside of their homeland. They might even have some specific nutritional needs that are hard to meet in addition to their cold intolerance. The Ga Dong Tao is the breed pictured above and is a specialty meat chicken traditionally used for ceremony, weddings, etc.. The Ga Ho is a similar game breed. The feet get thicker with age. They are special, for sure, but I don't think many would be truly prepared to give them the care that they would need to remain viable.

If they do, south USA is on the same longitudinal line as north Vietnam so they will be similar. High protein diets can be accomplished with some dog food and such along side some more free range.

I am able to ship eggs from China in March when I buy some from @Lemac. It would be easier to ship from China with less inspection as their are vast amounts of mail sent from China every day and the postal service are probably looking for something other than a handful of eggs, however, faster shipping would be required. Standard service is about 2-3 weeks.

I am able to ship eggs from China in March when I buy some from @Lemac. It would be easier to ship from China with less inspection as their are vast amounts of mail sent from China every day and the postal service are probably looking for something other than a handful of eggs, however, faster shipping would be required. Standard service is about 2-3 weeks.

Just waiting on you to let me know when you will be able to ship some eggs ....

Also the amount of payment for shipping and the amount of eggs ...

I am in Beijing China! Im still on some jet lag and trying to find a place to live just outside of the city, but my mandarin is pretty poor and it will be a minute before I am settled. Definitely going to Vietnam to check out those Dong Tao as soon as I am settled. Round trip flights within Asia are less than 300$ so it is affordable on my teaching salary here.

I am in Beijing China! Im still on some jet lag and trying to find a place to live just outside of the city, but my mandarin is pretty poor and it will be a minute before I am settled. Definitely going to Vietnam to check out those Dong Tao as soon as I am settled. Round trip flights within Asia are less than 300$ so it is affordable on my teaching salary here.

Alright @Shaunb020 sounds great to know you will be going to Vietnam soon but have you talked or written with anyone there yet as a contact is very important and time saving .....

When do you think you will be able to estimate the price of the egg's and shipping as I would like to be able to know how many eggs I can afford to purchase from you .....
jumpy.gif
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom