Dosage for Duramycin/Tetracycline??

I think you should go grab a gram scale like I did and see how much one teaspoon of the different powders weigh. Sugar, flour salt, pepper, lead, etc, they will all be different unless they have the same *density*. Now think about this... Does 1 teaspoon of water weigh the same as 1 teaspoon of mercury, no, it doesn't, 1tsp of mercury weighs ~77 grams, much more than water. And like LTygress mentioned, 1 teaspoon of feathers will weigh less than 1 teaspoon of water or powder, right?

-Kathy

Last edited by a moderator:
Kathy if you read my instruction you will see it is the same thing as mfg.----6.4 oz. to package--it also weights 181.44 grams 181 grams divided by 12.5 gal = 14.48 grams= I gal. -0.52 gram shy of 3 teaspoons a teaspoon - 5 grams---------this is for 800mg mix. If you use an teaspoon from you kitchen it is more then a teaspoon measuring spoon, it will weight from 6.5 grams to 7.5 grams

I need to fix your math. First of all, I don't see where you get the 12.5 from. The package? Where it says 1 package will treat 25 gallons at 400mg dose? If so, then assuming 12.5 gallons at the 800mg dose is correct. But keep in mind that is because you're giving TWICE the amount as the 400mg dose.

So next, I'm curious to know where you got the 14+ grams, and then said 1 tsp is 5 grams.... so you only need one teaspoon. So really you just said you only need a dose of about 1/3 of the recommended dose? You never multiplied the weight of the teaspoon, for the TOTAL weight needed for an actual 800mg dose. You just found out the weight of a teaspoon's worth, and went with that number. But the dosage recommended isn't 5 grams. It's 14+. To get that 14+ grams, you need almost THREE teaspoons at a 5-gram weight. And three teaspoons is (drum roll please) one tablespoon.

edited by staff

Kathy my third grade teacher told me that and I am not going to argue the point. I have a gram scale and I have conversion charts. I had a little hen that was almost dead Monday morning and now she is running around eating and seems happy---I saw people on here asking how to mix the dose in small amounts and I tried to help.

edited by staff

This is how much 3.5 tablespoons of cornstarch weighs

Kathy I measured out one level teaspoon o this product using a measuring spoon and I weight this product on a gram scale and it weight 5 grams--and i use one of my teaspoons from my kitchen and using that this product weight 6.8 grams and not all kitchen teaspoon are the same --dam I hope that scale not wrong--that's scale is what I use to weight scrap gold with that I buy----now I was trying to help people on here that ask for help but I got about three on here that wants to argue the point--I got better thing to do-so good bye

Back
Top Bottom