Double post please Delete

OHH... 150 per swan is kinda alot
th.gif
..BUT REMEMBER TO POST PICs!!
ya.gif

I will post pics it was a fun day breaking ice off of the pond for them! Hubby did most of it, but I got wet from the splashing and froze my butt off.
Actually $150 is cheap for a swan they are usually $250 a piece or around $500 for a pair, they aren't cheap, but we got a pair for $250. I cannot believe how big they are and their necks are so long. We are thinking they are a male and female because one is considerably larger than the other, will have to keep my fingers crossed!!!
fl.gif

Actually I was just looking on eggbid and they have a male on for $500 a female for $550 and a pair of '09 for $750...so I think I got a good deal!!

18120_swans_2.jpg

18120_swans_1.jpg

We think this may be the male
18120_swans_m.jpg

This may be the female
18120_swans_f.jpg

They were sold unsexed so we will see what happens.

They are pinioned so they cannot fly and they are rather awkward on land, like trying to walk with SCUBA flippers on. I asked how to introduce them to our pond and not have them leave and they said just put them on the water and they will stay. So far it has worked, knock on wood though.

They are beautiful !
love.gif
droolin.gif
You got a great deal on those.
thumbsup.gif

redhen, most swans are pinioned when they are only a day or two old, to that they cannot fly away, But may need a fence to keep them from walking away.

Yep, if your pond is near the road you might at least put a fence on that side. They are akward on land but ours have tried to wander around quite a bit. They have a 1/2 acre pond with about 100' of land around 3 sides, but nooo we want to walk up and down the driveway
roll.png

You might also look into and airetor (sp?) or bubbler for you pond. It can help keep at least a small area of water open during the winter. Ours uses barely any power, and you can find some that run on solar or wind.

Congrats on the Cygnets!

Back
Top Bottom