Double yolk eggs?

I got one today from one of my 19wk old Red Stars. The egg really didn't look that huge. It was only 2.1oz when weighed. I didn't expect it to be a double yolker.

Our first egg was a double yolk. It was from our red sex link. We've used about 10 more since then and no more doubles.

She does lay huge eggs though. Is that normal? They don't fit in a regular carton.

Two others have started to lay, and we are getting some little pullet eggs. Can we eat them?

Our first egg was a double yolk. It was from our red sex link. We've used about 10 more since then and no more doubles.

She does lay huge eggs though. Is that normal? They don't fit in a regular carton.

Two others have started to lay, and we are getting some little pullet eggs. Can we eat them?

They are perfectly okay to eat. :) I have one easter egger hen that lays jumbo eggs and I have to find jumbo cartons to put her eggs in! All are single yolked and I think some hens just go above and beyond :)

yes, I have 4 chickens, one of them lays tiny eggs, one of them lays HUGE eggs, and the other two lay normally. The eggs you have should be fine to eat.

Triple yolk eggwheel.

Back
Top Bottom