Drake Fight! (Long post!)

flossyfelix

Songster
Nov 10, 2016
Lumberton, North Carolina
Hey Y’all, I’m in need of some help!

I haven’t been in the loop in quite sometime & since my last post I have added another duck to the lovebird crew. SASSYFRAS was just a baby & he turned a year old in April.

Last week I added a 5-6 month old Pekin to the group- I thought it was time for another female for FLOSSYs sake... though FELIX & SASSYFRAS really didn’t give HER too much trouble, it was more or less SASSYFRAS giving everyone else trouble— biting feet/toes, chasing the dog, cat, & whoever, just being a little brat! I chalked it up to frustration from not having a mate... so I finally got him one...I thought... which brings us to SQUIRT & the mess I have had going in for the pass two days!!

I gradually introduced SQURIT to the crew- she slept in a dog crate inside of the big pin- so they couldn’t hurt her, but she still wasn’t alone, I let her out w/ FLOSSY only to roam, & when I was around to supervise I would let the boys out with them— to start with you can imagine what that was like, but once the “new” wore off everyone was fine- getting along great!! However.... I noticed that SQUIRT was pulling more toward FELIX instead of SASSYFRAS— but turns out FLOSSY has been hanging out with SASSY, so I’m like ok whatever— just as long as everybody is happy... & everybody was until yesterday... now I have one huge cluster****!!

SASSYFRAS is being relentless starting fights with FELIX! And I do mean RE.LENT.LESS!! FELIX is a jumbo pekin & SASSY is a runner— the size difference is huge, but FELIX obviously doesn’t want to hurt him... but he can’t take but so much! FELIX has gone as far as to submitting so he SASSY will stop— & FELIX has even kept his distance so it will stop— but everytime SASSY goes right back- I finally had to separate them- I put FLOSSY & SASSY in the dog kennel last night to sleep & right now, the two of them are in the big pin & FELIX & SQUIRT are roaming.

Why all of a sudden is this happening & what do I do to make it stop?? I’m starting to think bringing this other duck in wasn’t a good idea!! They’ve got to stop fighting! How do I help them do that???? FELIX is of course head drake, but at this point I don’t even think he cares anymore! Help me!!

Attachments

• F07E8D64-C263-48D3-8EAE-F6D45290E033.jpeg
    F07E8D64-C263-48D3-8EAE-F6D45290E033.jpeg
    360.2 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom