Drakes penis hanging out

Indianrunner123

Songster
5 Years
Feb 24, 2018
I came home after a week away to find that my drakes penis is hanging out. It is now 3 days since i discovered this and I have soaked it in warm water and rubbed sugar on it (i got these two ideas from a website) however nothing is working and it is still out. It is pink and doesnt look dirty or infected. He is perfectly fine apart from this problem.

Why has this happened and it there anything i can do?

Thank you!

I’ve just done some quick research but have no experience of this. Apparently this is a prolapsed penis and could potentially be from over breeding. Advice I’ve read recommends separating the Drake from the girls for at least 24 hours. Rub sugar on it every 5 to 10 minutes. It’s good that it’s still pink as this means the tissue is not dead, if it starts going black that’s not good. Check out this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/drake-with-prolapsed-penis.737319/

Hope your boy is ok!!

Other threads recommend going to the vet who will be able to treat this before it gets too late for the Drake
Will try this, thank you!
worst comes to worst go to a vet, it might be costly but then you can get a professional opinion and hopefully save him if things don’t improve! Hope everything works out ok!

Back
Top Bottom