Drug test for welfare recipients

I guess it all depends on why law enforcement is required to take random drug tests. If it's because they possess a firearm then sure, you might be able to make a case for randoms on permit holders. The drug testing welfare recipients makes sense. If you need to pass a drug test to get a minimum wage job the least you can do is pass a drug test to get free money.

I think they should do a hair test for the simple fact that some drugs will be out of the system in a couple days with the exception of marijuana and a test can easily be past if you know you have to take one.
A hair test will show how often,how much and ya can't fool them no matter what people say.
Most people with a decent job have to take some kinda drug test so why shouldn't people needing help have to after all if they are using the funds they receive for what they should be then there shouldn't be a problem right.

Where my DH works if there is an accident in his unit all involved are tested and anyone coming up dirty be it alcohol from a late night of drinking or drugs are terminated on the spot.

I'm all for welfare being drug tested. You do not have to have welfare and it might make it easier for people to get back on their feet if they are not taking drugs.

i can't imagine something like this becoming law. Although, it feels like it would be a good thing to do. But some welfare recipients are spending their money unwisely in other ways, too - expensive cell phones, jewelry, and other non-essentials. There certainly needs to be some kind of revision, as too many people see welfare as a way of life, rather than assistance through a tough time.

Private company drug testing people an the government doing it is not the same.....

Do you really want to give the government the power to drug test "the people" at will?

If they need the governments help then yes IMO they should submit to a test.
heck i have to give my finger print just to get a drives license renewed and i ain't never even seen the inside of a jail , but i don't have a problem with it it is what it is and i either do it or no license.

The government wouldn't force anyone to take a drug test. If you don't want to take one that's fine, just don't expect a check on the first.

I would be against the drug testing if whatever bill they tried to pass gave them the power to randomly drug test private companies as well, but as long as it is only welfare recipients then I am fine with it. I am all for what ever you do to your body is none of my business but if you take my fellow American tax dollars then you should at least be clean.

Back
Top Bottom