Drugs that can be used in Ducks - no prescription needed

Second one is amoxicillin. It's sold for fish in 250mg and 500mg capsules.

A common dose is ~125mg/kg twice a day

It looks like this:

Thanks so much for posting this! I just want to make sure that I have the dosage correct for FishMox. I have a 9 pound (4kg) Jumbo Peking Duck, so she should get 500mg or 2 of the 250 capsules that I have twice a day? I use FishMox with feral cats for upper respiratory infections, and it works great. The dosage is quite different, but they are different species, so I just want to make sure I am giving her the FishMox correctly. Thank you so much!

I know this is an old thread, but I was just double checking my suspected SMZ dosage calculation, and I came across this comment. I had nightmarish thought of all the people attempting to dose their little ducks with dex :barnie
I know of a website that sells injectable dexamethazone and injectable Banamine... Not gonna post that link, lol.

-Kathy

I know this is an old thread, but I was just double checking my suspected SMZ dosage calculation, and I came across this comment. I had nightmarish thought of all the people attempting to dose their little ducks with dex :barnie
Thankfully that website no longer sells it.

Hello! If the duck is seriously ill, then try to contact a veterinarian! I think home treatment can only make things worse. My cousin has a duck farm. And somehow, they all got sick with something, and he tried to treat them on his own. Half, unfortunately, died. Thank God, he is a man with money, and he has suffered not very substantial financial losses. But the residue on his soul remained. Since then, he has constantly been taking his animals to the vet. Although if you know precisely the disease of the duck, you can try tizanidine. I have a small farm with ducks myself. I gave them this medicine. Although the side effects are worth reading here: fherehab.com . Good luck to you!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom