Dry hatching shipped eggs in the nurture right 360.

I have this same incubator and just set my first batch 2 days ago. Heritage breeds, but I'm insanely curious..... Why the more upright position for the Silkie eggs? Do they hatch better that way vs on their sides?

They are shipped eggs. It's better for the sir cells on shipped eggs

:ya:bowTHANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD! Im on my 2nd attempt with shipped eggs and doing this the same way in the same 360 and my MagicFly (using the hatching tray instead of top tray). I was wondering how to turn them and you answered that. Good luck with the hatch. Im hatching Ameraucauna and Polish this time.

:ya:bowTHANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD! Im on my 2nd attempt with shipped eggs and doing this the same way in the same 360 and my MagicFly (using the hatching tray instead of top tray). I was wondering how to turn them and you answered that. Good luck with the hatch. Im hatching Ameraucauna and Polish this time.

Your welcome! I couldn't find anything on this. Which is why I created this thread. I'm only on day 8. I'll candle tonight and see what I have going on.

Curious how your eggs were progressing incubating upright? I did the same for shipped eggs recently, only 3 hatched out of 7 that went to lockdown. (out of 13 received) All were in pretty bad shape from shipping. New batch arrived today and reading up on the best way to do it this time!:)

Lock down is today. 13 were shipped.
5 never developed. Lost 2 around 7 days. I'm left with 6. One of those I'm not sure about. Didn't see movement today. But kept it in anyway.

Hatching upright in carton. Increasing humidity to 60%
20200607_134249.jpg

This is similar to what I did. I did let mine rest for 24 hrs and started turning day 5. Had some really bad air cells. I live in Ohio and these were from Wyoming! Anyhow, out of 9 eggs I received and set, 2 were duds with completely detached air cells and 2 early quitters. But the last 5 hatched last weekend and seem healthier than ever!! When I turned them by hand, during incubation, I always tried to keep them at a 45 degree angle. Sorry, but I gotta share the pics;). Anyhow, good luck!!! I think that will work out just fine!

Back
Top Bottom