Dry hatching shipped eggs in the nurture right 360.

We have a little more progress. Right was at 7 am. Left was around 1pm. It's 7pm now. When should there be now progress before I should start to worry? We lost one :( it does start internally pipping. It internally pipped last night. And was dead this morning.

View attachment 2185809
I believe you can think about intervening when it has been 24 hours, as long as they can breath, they are usually fine. My last hatch I had to assist 3 Marans that pipped a very small hole but made no progress after 26 hours. There are some threads here you can look up how to do it so you are ready if you need to help. All 3 that I helped are fine now at 2 weeks of age.:) I set up a heat lamp, hot water and towels to keep the humidity up while I gently used tweezers on the egg.

I spoke too soon lol came back in from evening chores and it's made some more progress. So maybe I'll wanted to tomorrow to a chick.

20200609_201224.jpg

Well we only had one hatch. So picking up 2 blue Silkies today. I do have 24 more eggs coming next week. I think I was too much haha on. So after a week and the sir cells reattach I'm going to out the automatic Turner on all I don't have to touch them as much. Well see how well that works out.
PicsArt_06-11-02.35.25.jpg

Well we only had one hatch. So picking up 2 blue Silkies today. I do have 24 more eggs coming next week. I think I was too much haha on. So after a week and the sir cells reattach I'm going to out the automatic Turner on all I don't have to touch them as much. Well see how well that works out.
View attachment 2192534
Well the one you got is adorable! Sorry you only had one hatch. I’m currently trying to incubate lavender ameraucana for the second time. I’m at day eight and so far five of them already have blood rings! Only two look like they are doing anything so far. You never know with shipped eggs no matter what you do!😊

I have this same incubator and just set my first batch 2 days ago. Heritage breeds, but I'm insanely curious..... Why the more upright position for the Silkie eggs? Do they hatch better that way vs on their sides?
I do this so that the air cell can reattach after shipping usually so maybe that’s why🤨

Back
Top Bottom