dry incubation

hey amy , the other egg hatching is nearly out but it looks like some of the shell is stuck to the chicks head! what do i do? the chick has a foot out of the egg too! should i help xx
Depends on how comfortable you are opening the bator and interfering. Now me, I'd have no qualms opening it and taking off the shell....lol The shell could be stuck by some dry membrane, so if you try to take it off, I'd do it slowly so you don't pull any dried sticky down off with it. It's possible you may need a little warm water. Or it could just be weet and stuck.

all is fine now amy, thank u again for your help, i used a pair of tweezers and nipped the area which was stuck and then the chick just popped out lol, so now i have 2 beautiful noisey chicks, just hope the the other 3 hatch, but i am so greatful for the 2 i have now, will post some clear pics tomorrow when i have some sun light, but there is one thing that is concerning me is that the 2nd chick seems to have a slight kink in the neck, is that just from being in the egg, n will it straighten out when the chick is a little stronger,!
i do think im over panicing, just want them to be healthy and strong,
do you have any tips to guess if there female or male?
1f600.png
probs to early to tell xx

all is fine now amy, thank u again for your help, i used a pair of tweezers and nipped the area which was stuck and then the chick just popped out lol, so now i have 2 beautiful noisey chicks, just hope the the other 3 hatch, but i am so greatful for the 2 i have now, will post some clear pics tomorrow when i have some sun light, but there is one thing that is concerning me is that the 2nd chick seems to have a slight kink in the neck, is that just from being in the egg, n will it straighten out when the chick is a little stronger,!
i do think im over panicing, just want them to be healthy and strong,
do you have any tips to guess if there female or male?
1f600.png
probs to early to tell xx
It could straighten itself out. If it doesn't you'll want to look up "star gazing chicks" or "wry neck" in chicks, and that will give you more to go on. A little early early to tell. I can usually pinpoint my girls from guys if they are single comb chicks in the first few weeks, any others I'm at a loss until they start maturing....lol

now the 2nd chick is nearly dry the chicks neck seems to of straightend out, panic over lol,, both drinking water and eating the chick crumb
1f603.png
, when the chicks r completly dry can they be held? my little boy wants a cuddle
1f600.png
1f600.png
1f600.png
xx

thats good to know, still got 3 eggs left in the bator, just candled them but i see no movement, just gonna leave them a few more days and wait and see, but 2 out of 5 isnt bad for a first timer
1f618.png
,, i am defo gonna be doing this again in a few weeks time,
1f60a.png
woop woop,
1f60d.png

thats good to know, still got 3 eggs left in the bator, just candled them but i see no movement, just gonna leave them a few more days and wait and see, but 2 out of 5 isnt bad for a first timer
1f618.png
,, i am defo gonna be doing this again in a few weeks time,
1f60a.png
woop woop,
1f60d.png
You beat my first hatch.
wink.png
Lets just say it was a learning experience.

Back
Top Bottom