dry incubation

hi all, im trying out the dry incubation method, would a humidity between 25%-35% work? my temperature is at a constant 35.7c, any help or advice? x

I think you will be happy with the results that you get from that method. That is exactly where I run my humidity during days 1-17. Then during lock down I bump it to 75%. BUT with all of that said, you still need to monitor your air cells. Depending on where you live, your elevation, your ambient humidity, you may need to tweak it a bit. Check your air cells on days 7 and 14. If they are off you will still have time to make adjustments. You just don't want to leave it all the way to lock down and realize that either your cells are too big or too small.

Your temp however is a bit low. Depending on what type of incubator you are using you are going to need to raise it. If you are using a forced air incubator you need to raise it to 37.5 C (99.5F) or if you are using still air you need to raise it to 38-39C (102F) at the TOP of your eggs. With the temp that you are running at I think you will get eggs to start to develop but I do not believe they will hatch. If they did hatch they would most definitely hatch late and very likely with some problems.

Good luck! Happy hatching!

I'm on my 2nd batch and was going for a better hatch rate this time round than the last time. So far it's not looking good. My fault to start with....I miss calculated how long the roo was in with the hens so half my eggs in the incubator were infertile.
1f614.png
I have 20 eggs in the incubator now so hopefully it will be 100% hatch rate with these little ones. Time will tell Friday is their due date.
1f604.png
If all the fertile hatch then it's still 100% in my book. Good luck!

I am sorry I got the 5 and 7 mixed up,, the temperature is 37.5 lol, the only problem i have is that my husband put another egg in the incubator on day 3, I dont have a clue what to do when it comes to lock down! if at day 17-18 I higher the humidity won't it drown the other egg that my husband put in?
1f612.png
im so confused

I am sorry I got the 5 and 7 mixed up,, the temperature is 37.5 lol, the only problem i have is that my husband put another egg in the incubator on day 3, I dont have a clue what to do when it comes to lock down! if at day 17-18 I higher the humidity won't it drown the other egg that my husband put in?
1f612.png
im so confused
I use 30% as well. Here's some more about the method kuchchicks and I use if you are interested: http://letsraisechickens.weebly.com...anuals-understanding-and-controlling-humidity

As for staggard hatches, yes the raising of humidity can greatly affect eggs that are added later. When you raise the humidity it will slow/stop the other egg from loosing moisture during that time. However, you adjust for the majority of your eggs, not the minority. You don't want to loose a dozen to save one. How many days are there between the first eggs set and the one that was added?

thank you for that thread very very useful!, the first eggs were put in on when I turned the incubator on, and the egg my husband put in my incubator said day 3?, xx

thank you for that thread very very useful!, the first eggs were put in on when I turned the incubator on, and the egg my husband put in my incubator said day 3?, xx
That's not too bad, three days behind. If it looses enough moisture the first 15 days it should be ok. If the air cell looks a bit small at hatch pop it in a carton cup and let it hatch upright.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom