dry incubation

hi Amy , thanks for the link, well I can defo say you were right bout the chicks legs , I used a plaster and put it on the chicks legs (just the sponge fabric bit) and stuck them together (with a average size gap for walking ect) and I am amazed within 2 seconds of me putting the chick back in the brooder box the chick was walking and even had some food for the first time! and managed to walk under the heat plate with no trouble, I have taken a pic and will post it in a min bare in mind that the pic is a little dark and blurred but can see the chick standing
1f603.png
x
Awesome! Hopefully that will correct. Keep me updated.
wink.png

I'm on my 2nd batch and was going for a better hatch rate this time round than the last time. So far it's not looking good. My fault to start with....I miss calculated how long the roo was in with the hens so half my eggs in the incubator were infertile.
1f614.png
I have 20 eggs in the incubator now so hopefully it will be 100% hatch rate with these little ones. Time will tell Friday is their due date.
1f604.png

I'm on my 2nd batch and was going for a better hatch rate this time round than the last time. So far it's not looking good. My fault to start with....I miss calculated how long the roo was in with the hens so half my eggs in the incubator were infertile.
1f614.png
I have 20 eggs in the incubator now so hopefully it will be 100% hatch rate with these little ones. Time will tell Friday is their due date.
1f604.png
If all the fertile hatch then it's still 100% in my book. Good luck!

Ugh!! I'm having a lot of issues with the humidity and temperature now! I woke up this morning and my temp was 103.3 and my humidity was at 12%!! I did some adjusting and it was stable before I left for work but when I got home it was back at it again!! Been working the last few hours now trying to stablize the temperature and humidity gradually. I'm just so frustrated with this batch I'm afraid I might have hurt my chances of having 20 healthy and happy chicks!
hit.gif

Ugh!! I'm having a lot of issues with the humidity and temperature now! I woke up this morning and my temp was 103.3 and my humidity was at 12%!! I did some adjusting and it was stable before I left for work but when I got home it was back at it again!! Been working the last few hours now trying to stablize the temperature and humidity gradually. I'm just so frustrated with this batch I'm afraid I might have hurt my chances of having 20 healthy and happy chicks!
hit.gif
When your humidity goes down, your temp will rise. The more steady you can keep your humidity, the better chance you have of keeping a steadier temp. When my temps start to rise the first thing I do is check my humidity (providing I am not running dry.)

When your humidity goes down, your temp will rise. The more steady you can keep your humidity, the better chance you have of keeping a steadier temp. When my temps start to rise the first thing I do is check my humidity (providing I am not running dry.)
I have a hard time keeping it around the 30% range. I was able it to stay at the 40% and the temp was right at 99.5 during the first 12 days but now I'm having issues. Today is day 14, right now it's reading 99.9 degrees and 50% humidity. That humidity is too high this early isn't it??

I have a hard time keeping it around the 30% range. I was able it to stay at the 40% and the temp was right at 99.5 during the first 12 days but now I'm having issues. Today is day 14, right now it's reading 99.9 degrees and 50% humidity. That humidity is too high this early isn't it??
In my opinion and experience with mine, anything over 40% worries me, but it all depends on your eggs. Keep an eye on your air cells and if they aren't growing properly, try to lower it. Now you have a forced air incubator, right?

Back
Top Bottom