dry incubation

dont worry im more than sure i'll be posting loads of pictures,
1f600.png
just wonder what they'll look like,? x

Have you removed the water?

Can you compare to the chart or are you just having a problem judging?
I haven't removed the water because in order to do that I'd have to remove all the eggs and the mesh but I read somewhere to add rice to lower the temp. So far I have the humidity down to 35% after adding the rice in a small dish.
As for the air pockets, they almost look like they are between the 7 and 14 day marks?? I'm really not sure I never did the air pockets before so I'm not sure how they are to look since I failed to check them at the beginning of the process. I have a lot to learn yet before I attempt my next batch. I think I'm going to sit down and make a day to day or week to week log for comparison this next time.

I haven't removed the water because in order to do that I'd have to remove all the eggs and the mesh but I read somewhere to add rice to lower the temp. So far I have the humidity down to 35% after adding the rice in a small dish.
As for the air pockets, they almost look like they are between the 7 and 14 day marks?? I'm really not sure I never did the air pockets before so I'm not sure how they are to look since I failed to check them at the beginning of the process. I have a lot to learn yet before I attempt my next batch. I think I'm going to sit down and make a day to day or week to week log for comparison this next time.
It helps to know how big they started out, but you don't need to know. It's more of the air cell being a percentage (so to say) of the egg at certain intervals. I don't mark mine at set, but I do mark air cells at days 7/14/18 for comparison reasons. The first hatch is very much a learning process. I know it was for me. (Thankfully I have never had a repeat of that awful hatch.) It takes some time to get comfortable with what you are seeing in comparison to the the egg chart too. Sometimes I still question myself on judgement...lol

It helps to know how big they started out, but you don't need to know. It's more of the air cell being a percentage (so to say) of the egg at certain intervals. I don't mark mine at set, but I do mark air cells at days 7/14/18 for comparison reasons. The first hatch is very much a learning process. I know it was for me. (Thankfully I have never had a repeat of that awful hatch.) It takes some time to get comfortable with what you are seeing in comparison to the the egg chart too. Sometimes I still question myself on judgement...lol

I checked one of the eggs I collected yesterday to just see the difference (however I'm not sure that will help if it was refrigerated) and going by that comparison I'm going to say the air pocket is somewhere between the 14 and 18 day marks. I still have to collect eggs today so I was thinking of using one of those for a better comparison. As of right now I do have my humidity steady at 34% and temp steady around 99.5.

I checked one of the eggs I collected yesterday to just see the difference (however I'm not sure that will help if it was refrigerated) and going by that comparison I'm going to say the air pocket is somewhere between the 14 and 18 day marks. I still have to collect eggs today so I was thinking of using one of those for a better comparison. As of right now I do have my humidity steady at 34% and temp steady around 99.5.
What day are they on?

Back
Top Bottom