dry incubation

In my opinion and experience with mine, anything over 40% worries me, but it all depends on your eggs. Keep an eye on your air cells and if they aren't growing properly, try to lower it. Now you have a forced air incubator, right?
Yes I have a forced air or circulated air bator. I'm trying to get it to lower but I'm having a hard time getting it to go under 50. I have both plugs pulled out and still no luck getting the humidity down. Any suggestions on getting it to lower more?? I still have movement in the eggs but I'm not sure if the air pocket is in the correct range for day 14.

I have a hard time keeping it around the 30% range. I was able it to stay at the 40% and the temp was right at 99.5 during the first 12 days but now I'm having issues. Today is day 14, right now it's reading 99.9 degrees and 50% humidity. That humidity is too high this early isn't it??

a little tip: have you got a little container (lid of some sort) put a little drop of warm water in it and put it in the incubator and the humidity should stay at a constant humidity (this is the only way I could get mine to stay at 25-35%),

How's the litte one with the spraddle leg doing?

their doing absolutely great, they both have found the water and food and are pooping everywhere lol, the one with spraddle leg is perfect, running everywhere and jumping around loads
1f603.png
just perfect in my eyes x

What kind are they Em? They sure are cute!

When I did a double hatch RH the air bubble on the second batch of eggs didnt get small enough due to having to lock down the younger eggs but someone told me to leave them in the turner to hatch instead of putting them on their sides and it worked a treat! I got 8 healthy chicks out of ten eggs so if you are worried about the size of the air pocket you might give that a try.

Right now my humidity is holding nicely at 35% for my first dry hatch but then again, in the humid South, I am worried that later in the season it will be waaaaay too high.

Yes I have a forced air or circulated air bator. I'm trying to get it to lower but I'm having a hard time getting it to go under 50. I have both plugs pulled out and still no luck getting the humidity down. Any suggestions on getting it to lower more?? I still have movement in the eggs but I'm not sure if the air pocket is in the correct range for day 14.

Have you removed the water?

Can you compare to the chart or are you just having a problem judging?

their doing absolutely great, they both have found the water and food and are pooping everywhere lol, the one with spraddle leg is perfect, running everywhere and jumping around loads
1f603.png
just perfect in my eyes x
That's great! Have you tried taking off the brace yet?

Adorable!

I haven't tried taking the brace off yet, not to sure when I should do it?
cant believe how much they've changed in 3 days ! little balls of feathers lol !,!,!
my son says they look like penguins hehe x

Back
Top Bottom