DS's Punishment

Quote:
If he has had access to a four wheeler in the past more than likely this is not the first time it's happened. Losing the ATV for a week will make no impact, 90 days might. He probably is feeling bad, but bad that he got caught not that he was doing something bad. If it were Steven he would lose his privilege for 90 days and be required to care for and clean up after the animals he was tormenting in an effort to make him see that what he was doing was wrong and cruel and not acceptable.

thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Indeed and he would most likely be doing it from a belly crawl position because his backside would be too sore for him to tand upright! I will not tolerate cruelty to animals not even the slighest...that is automatic ass whopping.

If he is old enough to operate a 4-wheeler he is old enough to know better and old enough to know right from wrong...time to learn "time to pay the piper"

Last edited:
Quote:
By that logic, the child is no better than the dog who gets caught up in the whole chasing birds is fun moment.....and before you know it they're all dead.

Quote:
If he has had access to a four wheeler in the past more than likely this is not the first time it's happened. Losing the ATV for a week will make no impact, 90 days might. He probably is feeling bad, but bad that he got caught not that he was doing something bad. If it were Steven he would lose his privilege for 90 days and be required to care for and clean up after the animals he was tormenting in an effort to make him see that what he was doing was wrong and cruel and not acceptable.

Just a thought... it could be "the first time its happened" because a second time can't happen, until the first time occurs. So certainly, it could be the first time. And she did say it's the first time she had seen/heard of him doing this. She didn't say it was the first time he had ever done this, only that she had never seen or heard of him doing this.

I am the sister to 3 brothers... they weren't able to get away with much, not because I would purposely tattle (well not all the time
smile.png
), my parents would ask me if I seen anything, and then I would tell them what I seen. I learned the lesson at a young age about telling my parents the truth. If he has a sister, I imagine, even little things he does, mom and dad find out about, I imagine, if he was chasing the chickens/turkeys with a ATV she would have told. My kids are quick to tell me when one of the other kids is doing something to our pets, whether its the dog or the chickens. Today it was the 2yr old, kicking the soccer ball into the pen, and it was her first time ever to do this, it was a matter of seconds and I had other siblings telling me. And she got the ball taken away and had a little time out for scaring the chickens (they went in the coop rather quickly). But tomorrow, she will be able to play with her ball again ~ I didn't pop it... or sell it...

Cars are pretty dangerous, and peoples actions result in accidents regularly. Doing any number of things while you are driving, including... drinking, eating, texting, talking, reading, or falling asleep can result in other innocent people being injured. Even in these cases most always, the person may get ticketed and have some consequences, however unless alcohol or drugs is at the scene, they still are able to keep thier cars/licences. Sometimes, just from speeding, it causes other people injuries and so forth. I am sure none of you that are very critical have never gotten pulled over for speeding and gotten away with only a warning. Cars can be dangerous when adults are not using them responsible. If this could be you or your spouse that has gotten away with only a warning for going 35 in a 25 or whatever the case may be. You only got away with a warning, because with the state you have a clean record, you haven't ever been caught speeding before. Would you think it fair to be told that you are going to get your car taken away, not even for a period of time, its going to be sold because you got caught speeding for the first time. (even though it probably wasn't the first time you ever went over the posted speed) It wouldn't be fair for him to get his ATV sold, or even taken away for a great length of time. Most people learn from thier mistakes, I am sure his punishment was plenty to make him think twice about doing that again, especially if he bought the ATV with his own money. She was just talking about his punishment and looking for ideas, no reason to be so critical. What a way to make an unhappy situation, even unhappier.

Back
Top Bottom