dubbing our chickens today

I was merely commenting that I thought people should not judge other people for this practice....i dont believe I was being hostile in any way
smile.png

Quote:
Sorry, but dubbing is a SHOW STANDARD equating this to cockfighting is like equating the ownership of pitbulls, mastiffs, etc. to dog fighting, lets not perpetuate any misconceptions and misunderstandings here please...

Quote:
As the APA judge stated before, after the dubbing is finished, when my fowl are set down they usually crow, shuffle, act just as chickeny as they did before. I would imagine they feel it, just like people feel dental work, ear piercing, tatoos, etc., etc....Like we have concluded before, if it is not your thing, so be it...if you are going to dub, and you need advice, etc., feel free to ask away...

Roundhead.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I didn't say that I thought that, I also did not say that was true. I said that animal control people see that as a sign of cockfighting. Sorry, but that's a fact. With pitbulls, etc, they will also look for telltale signs, such as ears missing, scars, etc.

Just to clarify I did NOT state that the original poster was dubbing his/her birds to ready them for a cockfight. That was not my intention and I apologize if that was how it was perceived.

Quote:
Why would you think they don't? When you touch or poke their wattles or comb, they seem to feel *that*.

Pat

i meant for it to go to prairechicken.

Quote:
As the APA judge stated before, after the dubbing is finished, when my fowl are set down they usually crow, shuffle, act just as chickeny as they did before. I would imagine they feel it, just like people feel dental work, ear piercing, tatoos, etc., etc....Like we have concluded before, if it is not your thing, so be it...if you are going to dub, and you need advice, etc., feel free to ask away...

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w91/prariechiken/Roundhead.jpg

that is a very nice rooster you have praire. and a good dubbing job at that. im assuming that he is a bb red?

ep.gif
4-H'ers needing to dub! I'm in Southern Ca. and looking for any info about dubbing. When I showed I had to get my O.E. Bantams and my Modern Game bantams dubbed. The old man that use to dub mine for me died,where do I find someone local and experienced in my area?! I'll take any help anyone will give me!

Back
Top Bottom