*Duck Beauty Contest!!!*

Pics
Davey Quackett, our lovely substitute for a foghorn 😄

Attachments

• IMG_20201014_132612.jpg
    IMG_20201014_132612.jpg
    657.9 KB · Views: 9
That is so sweet! I have 9 calls currently. I have an array of colors with black bibbed, blue fawn, blue fawn pied, grey, snowy, white, and pastel. I’m hoping to add Chocolate, blue bibbed, butterscotch, and black soon.

my friendliest is my little black bibbed named Splash. He imprinted strongly on me and he still follows me everywhere and flies over to land in my shoulder. He’ll be turning 1 this March.

I just set a batch of 8 eggs from my calls this morning and am hoping to get some fluffy call ducklings! :fl
Ahhhh, how sweet. Most of our ducks are very friendly and like to eat hand fed treats - peas and mealworms are favs. But once they grow out of the duckling stage, none like being picked up and snuggled. So our chickens fill that void. My calls aren't laying eggs yet - or maybe they are hiding them.

Ahhhh, how sweet. Most of our ducks are very friendly and like to eat hand fed treats - peas and mealworms are favs. But once they grow out of the duckling stage, none like being picked up and snuggled. So our chickens fill that void. My calls aren't laying eggs yet - or maybe they are hiding them.
My calls favorite pastime is hiding eggs in inaccessible places. Last year’s spot was under the neighbor’s burn pile! I had to cut through tons of branches to get to them and came out covered in soot! :th:gig
Splash is definitely a special little fella. None of the others are as friendly as him. He was attacked by a hawk when he was around 4 months old and almost lost his eye. Thankfully he recovered and is doing great! Here’s a picture of him. The 2nd was him as a duckling. He was the smallest out of all the call ducklings.

Attachments

• 993FD9A2-D3B8-4EDF-8F3E-0D6623F54244.png
    993FD9A2-D3B8-4EDF-8F3E-0D6623F54244.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
  • CE966DB5-65F3-4C17-9F38-F6CCC5680ED0.jpeg
    CE966DB5-65F3-4C17-9F38-F6CCC5680ED0.jpeg
    532.4 KB · Views: 6
My calls favorite pastime is hiding eggs in inaccessible places. Last year’s spot was under the neighbor’s burn pile! I had to cut through tons of branches to get to them and came out covered in soot! :th:gig
Splash is definitely a special little fella. None of the others are as friendly as him. He was attacked by a hawk when he was around 4 months old and almost lost his eye. Thankfully he recovered and is doing great! Here’s a picture of him. The 2nd was him as a duckling. He was the smallest out of all the call ducklings.
What a sweetie. I have one that looks almost like that but is a girlie.

Back
Top Bottom