Duck Breed Focus - Hook Bill

I'm glad I found this thread. I have a hookbill ordered for the beginning to April, Coming with a Welsh Harlequin and a Golden 300 from Metzer Farms. I've read that they are very gentle and excellent foragers. I got 5 breeds from them last year and they are a fantastic company. A welsh Harlequin, a Golden 300 (their own breed created for laying, but she is my favorite because of her robust personality), a Cayuga, a Buff, and a Blue Swedish. My ducks arrived to where I live in Georgia in perfect condition from California. Each bird very healthy and they all turned out to be beautiful birds with great personalities.

I'll keep you guys posted and post pictures when I get her!

I'm glad I found this thread. I have a hookbill ordered for the beginning to April, Coming with a Welsh Harlequin and a Golden 300 from Metzer Farms. I've read that they are very gentle and excellent foragers. I got 5 breeds from them last year and they are a fantastic company. A welsh Harlequin, a Golden 300 (their own breed created for laying, but she is my favorite because of her robust personality), a Cayuga, a Buff, and a Blue Swedish. My ducks arrived to where I live in Georgia in perfect condition from California. Each bird very healthy and they all turned out to be beautiful birds with great personalities.

I ordered from Metzer farms and they were supposed to ship out this week but I guess they are having problems hatching them. So I guess no hookbill for me
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png

That sucks did they ask you what you wanted in place of them or did they not give you an option? I have an order with 4 hookbills for may 22. Hopefully they will figure it out by then
1f613.png

This makes me happy! I have my first order placed from metzer. To arrive this wednesday. I hope i have as good of an experience as you have. Cant wait to see pics of yours!

Just have to say that they look so cute as ducklings! I'm planning to get three females this summer to add to my flock now that Metzer Farms is selling them. I have heard that they are calm and tame, but are they as friendly and well-behaved as Welsh Harlequins? Just wondering, because WHs are the ducks I am currently raising and I am impressed by their behavior.

Just have to say that they look so cute as ducklings! I'm planning to get three females this summer to add to my flock now that Metzer Farms is selling them. I have heard that they are calm and tame, but are they as friendly and well-behaved as Welsh Harlequins? Just wondering, because WHs are the ducks I am currently raising and I am impressed by their behavior.

I do not have any ducks yet, but I have messaged a few people that have them and it seems as though they have great personalities. It says they are very gentle so I am assuming they are similar to the Welsh Harlequin s. I hope because I ordered 4 hookbills and 2 Welsh Harlequin s from Metzer! Did u place your order yet. Metzer only had 2 availability slots left at least thru June. Mine are coming on the 22 of may! I hope there are no hatching problems with the hookbills like someone else already had
1f914.png

Back
Top Bottom