Duck Breed Focus - Indian Runner

I ended up ordering from McMurray Hatchery... the shipping costs more than the peepers! If they arrive safely, it's worth it. They let me order just 3, they've got hatches due this month, and they have some pretty good reviews, so fingers crossed!

I ended up ordering from McMurray Hatchery... the shipping costs more than the peepers! If they arrive safely, it's worth it. They let me order just 3, they've got hatches due this month, and they have some pretty good reviews, so fingers crossed!

Are the MM birds straight run only or can you choose gender?

Oh yeah, I almost forgot! You can get straight run OR choose gender (of course, straight run is a little cheaper) which is awesome, because I specifically wanted more hens for my two drakes

That's great you can do that!

indian runners were our 1st duck breed we have every had we ordered 8 from hoover hatchery from our feed store, we went in to get chickens but my brother wanted ducks more so we ent in and they showed us the duck breeds to pick and we lust loved the runners! we ordered the white and tan, a few weeks later they called us and said the ducklings arrived and we were so happy to here they little peeping noise! we ordered the runner just for fun, but we did show them in our country fair, i am sorry we don't have any pics to put online but they were so cute! we sold them later that year and i am happy to say out of the 8 ducks we ordered all lived and were very spoiled and happy! they loved the water and i wish we would have kept them.

I'm glad you found some birds!! :D

I forgot to add but I've heard good things about Metzer Farms too but I don't know about their runners.

If I was ready to order ducks I'd order the others adults though lol

Duck eggs are fabulous! In fact, we prefer them to chicken eggs in a wide variety of foods. Pasta, French toast, pancakes, waffles, scrambled , over easy, you name it, they improve everything. You simply cannot go wrong with duck eggs.
263a.png
Everyone we know who has been reluctant and a little afraid to try them has ended up in love!

-Alex

We LOVE them !!! I use them in everything. My family learned how to utilize everything, passed it down to us. That's the best part.

Back
Top Bottom