Duck Breed Focus - Indian Runner

yuckyuck.gif
But then he'd be yanking on their feet
lau.gif

It is amazing isn't it. And proves the point about how important it is they get the extra Niacin in the form of brewers yeast or niacin tab. they grow so fast their little legs and brains need the support. These 3 are perfect examples of what ducklings should look and act like when healthy. It's a blessing to watch them grow and interact with each other, ATM are they friendly with you? They don't seem the least bit afraid. Cutest things I've seen in a long time I am saying as I plot to find Runner eggs to put under my consistent Broody Muscovy.. :cool:
1f601.png
thank you, thank you! I'm so glad to hear that they look healthy! They're not friendly with me, necessarily, and they definitely don't want to be picked up, but they don't mind me being nearby, and will pik-poke treats out of my hand. I understand that's usually the case with Runners, and the hilarity of their bodies, movements, and personalities more than make up for the lack of cuddliness!
Entie says: "Runners are the best!!! and if you don't think so..." I know this pic is a repost, but not in this thread.
Entie knows what's what!

As promised, the video of Zoe, Ezri, and Impa's first ever splashy time (+peas!!!). Zoe especially took to it like... well, you know... a duck to water
1f606.png

[Video]

Afterwards, I had them sit for a few minutes in warm towels, then let the back into the brooder to preen and dry under the lamp. Once they were all clean and fluffy again, they plopped into a little cuddle puddle and went to sleep

Last edited:
Oops sorry, was trying to attach photo - looks like I will have to wait until I can get on my computer, my phone is doing funny stuff

As promised, the video of Zoe, Ezri, and Impa's first ever splashy time (+peas!!!). Zoe especially took to it like... well, you know... a duck to water
1f606.png

Afterwards, I had them sit for a few minutes in warm towels, then let the back into the brooder to preen and dry under the lamp. Once they were all clean and fluffy again, they plopped into a little cuddle puddle and went to sleep
These 3 are just so much fun to watch If I had them I probably wouldn't get nothing done I would be sitting and watching the antics.. What precious ducklings save some of the pics for next years BYC calendar. They grow so fast.

These 3 are just so much fun to watch If I had them I probably wouldn't get nothing done I would be sitting and watching the antics.. What precious ducklings save some of the pics for next years BYC calendar. They grow so fast. 

Luckily they sleep quite a bit as well, so I can tear myself away from them during nap time
1f61c.png

[Video]
They've all got their sea legs today! Poor Ezri isn't waterproof at aaallllll, so she had a little extra towel time afterwards. She was surprisingly okay with it (Zoe also tolerates it well, but Impa is very vocally opposed to the whole thing).

Last edited:
Luckily they sleep quite a bit as well, so I can tear myself away from them during nap time
1f61c.png

They've all got their sea legs today! Poor Ezri isn't waterproof at aaallllll, so she had a little extra towel time afterwards. She was surprisingly okay with it (Zoe also tolerates it well, but Impa is very vocally opposed to the whole thing).
Look at that face I think I see a smile. lol I love their zippiness.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom