Duck Breed Focus - Indian Runner

Once I graduate high school, get through college, graduate from vet school, get a farm of my own and then I could probably do that.

So it's looking like we might have to wait a day or two to see pictures of all of them, right?
big_smile.png

I have always loved the fawn and white but I do believe the blue is a close behind the fawn and white.

@AimToMisbehave they all look great and I think your right they will be one big happy flock real soon.

So it's looking like we might have to wait a day or two to see pictures of all of them, right?
big_smile.png

Of all colors got about 8.5 years at least. I'm a senior in high school so won't be long until I finish high school. Then going to college and then vet school and then done with school. The ducks I have now here's some pictures of them.

Last edited:
I would hold off on the DE if you have not seen mites….

If they have not had water to wash in, their feathers will not be in good condition. Also, if they have not been fed a nutritious diet, that will do it, too.

I use a watering station with a stew pot so the Runners can wash up. I put sawdust pellets in the bottom to absorb the water. In winter, in the morning I put a fresh pot of water in the watering station. For about an hour, the flock uses it to wash up in. Then I give them another fresh pot of water and they drink from that for the rest of the day.

The watering station is the bottom of a large plastic dog crate.

You will need to monitor. At first they may need help - it took a few months for Rowena to get her feathers in good enough shape to repel water. At first she got completely soaked and had to be towelled off.

Back
Top Bottom