Duck Breed Focus - Indian Runner

It rained all day but did not have the wind that was forecast, So glad to be able to get these girls out for a social pool party. The Ducks are new to us and we have 100 feet of fencing to put up in the pasture this spring.. Had them out for 2 hours while I cleaned their Duck house . Hope to get them out tomorrow longer so they can catch up on their preening. I know I have one Khaki Campbell and One Indian Runner. BUT what are the other four ? Help me out please.They are suppose to be all young. I hope they become good layers. They have free choice of every thing that they need to be healthy.

It rained all day but did not have the wind that was forecast, So glad to be able to get these girls out for a social pool party. The Ducks are new to us and we have 100 feet of fencing to put up in the pasture this spring.. Had them out for 2 hours while I cleaned their Duck house . Hope to get them out tomorrow longer so they can catch up on their preening. I know I have one Khaki Campbell and One Indian Runner. BUT what are the other four ? Help me out please.They are suppose to be all young. I hope they become good layers. They have free choice of every thing that they need to be healthy.
A Blue Swedish, 2 Black Swedish and ???? A Buff with Swedish tendencies ????

@LeannS your ducks are beautiful.

x2
big_smile.png

x3
Especially the Blue Swedish - she has the most pronounced eye line (we call them eye brows ;-) Much stronger than my Roxette's.
love.gif

Any other thoughts on the Buff/Swedish? Not monochrome enough for a Silver Swedish and I don't think Buffs usually get the white patch (Maybe looking at the rest of the mix KC + Silver Swedish? - real pretty).

All of them look like they could be first year to me except the Chocolate Runner. She has quite a bit of white so I would guess 2-3 years old? (Don't really know - my runners are 1-3/4 years old and My black runner has the most white - about 2/3 as much as the Chocolate in the picture). @Amiga have you got a more experienced guess?

The chocolate Runner looks like Zwei at 2 to 3 years old or Sechs at 4 years old.
See how quickly we learn
wink.png
It wasn't that long ago when I was going, "Hey, my runner is turning white!"
ep.gif
Now I have change in three of them and can start guessing at other birds.

Thank you for the information on their type. The Indian road runner and the Khaki Campbell did not go in the pool yesterday but watched the others take their dip yesterday. The rain got them wet and they did some preening. Today was a nicer day and they were all glad to get out side. The Khaki and Runner still did not go in the pool until the very last, finally the Khaki took a dive and did she ever throw water around and run in circles. I was concerned about her the day before because I think she is in the molt or has a bad feather day. She was the only one that seemed cold so having the heat lamp on helped her. Those two were raise with chickens in a coop and free range. I doubt if they had a pool.

Back
Top Bottom