Duck Breed Focus - Indian Runner

[Video]

This is Ezri aaallllll daaayyy lllooonnnggg (and that's probably her I've been hearing all night, too) So many opinions in such a little girl! I'm probably going to have to start just calling Ezri and Impa "The Twins" because I can BARELY tell them apart anymore.

Ladies to the left, lads to the right! I'm so glad my boys get along so well... I hope it stays that way

It's important to wash your darks separate from your lights.

I don't know if any of the littles have figured out how to use the stairs to get into the pool...

Last edited:
@AimToMisbehave she is a chatterbox, lol. Looks like you've had a lot of rain!

@AimToMisbehave
 she is a chatterbox, lol. Looks like you've had a lot of rain!

Ugh, there's hardly been a break in it for a couple weeks now! The ducks don't mind, of course, I'm pretty over it, myself. And adding the three babies seems to have lowered the flock's collective intelligence, because the whole group is harder to get where I want them to be than before.

My big drake, Zuko, has had a giant, squishy breast since he was about 6 weeks old. You could actually see a definite line between it and his underside, and it moved independent from his body, it was so prominent (I called it his uniboob)

We were super worried about it for a while, but it never seemed to bother him or get worse, and he's a VERY good eater, so we just sort of assumed he was some kind of mix breed (maybe Cayuga) and maybe a bit chubby. But today, it seems to have disappeared!

Is that weird? It seems weird...

My four girls look like that after they gorge on bugs etc. They snooze it off though and look normal after their food coma wears off.

It looks so uncomfortable to me but they don't seem to be in any pain.

My poor little noisybird is limping today. We checked her feet and the only thing we can see is her back talontoe on one side is missing the claw and a little bit swollen, but when she walks, she keeps the whole leg straight and doesn't seem to have good strength or control in her foot, so we're thinking maybe a sprain? She's having a nice warm swim now, so hopefully that will help...

[Video]

Epsom salt compress, followed with a tiny dab of some T-Relief or similar on the leg - sprains can take days and days to heal up.
@AimToMisbehave
 hope your girl is all better soon!

She is actually looking much better today! Still a little stiff, and still running around like a crazypants which can't be helpful, so I'm going to be keeping an extra close eye on her for the next few days, but it looks like a nice long, warm bath was what she needed. Still going to go restock up on Epsom salt and find something like T-Relief this week though, just in case!
:love

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom