Duck Breed Focus - Indian Runner

I am very impressed with the Indian Runner, I started with ducks November 2015, with 5 ducks, one was a Indian Runner, One was a Khake Campbell, A think the other 4 are mixed. If I ever get more, it would be Indian Runner. They are so personable .l The eggs are small but as long as they are duck eggs, that is fine. I am learning so much on this site,

It has been over a month since I have taken these pictures and after pouring the feed to them, I need to up date their pictures. They all needed to put more weight on.

FOUND MY FIRST EGG!!!

:weee

Just because I haven't posted any pictures recently:

Stampeeeeeeeeeeede! They chase me around whenever I'm outside now; I may have been a little heavy-handed with the treats...

Super important conference RE: super important Duck Business

Mirage has such a MUDDY SNOOT OH MY GOODNESS!!!

@AimToMisbehave it's hard to believe that wasn't just a couple days ago I was watching your duckling videos. And now look...they're all grown up! It's good seeing them again
smile.png

I bought two adult runners on Monday that I believe to be girls. They quack pretty loud which I've read points to female. Anyway the guy said they weren't laying right now because of the winter and Tuesday morning I found an egg at 6 am when I went to feed them breakfast. I found another today as well. I was shocked because I put out the feed before the sun comes up and the egg was already there and cold. What time do runners typically lay? I figured it would be similar to my chickens and be after they had breakfast? They sure are fun to watch. I think they must be very happy here to already give me eggs. But who wouldn't be happy to move from a tiny cage with a ton of other ducks to a large yard?!

Back
Top Bottom