Duck coop

Most prefab houses are expensive and small. I built mine for about $150 and had to buy everything new except the pallet base. It was really simple and fairly easy if you have any experience. I'm in TX so it's 3 sided but would be easy to modify. It is ventilated at the top too. It opens on the side for easy cleaning.

Last edited:
I made my coop out of wood I fond in dumpsters on construction sites all free just bought screws

Last edited:
The first one I made was from random materials I had around my house and then some friends. Chicken wire was the only thing I had to purchase...smaller, but fully functional and plenty of room for 2 ducks and 2 chickens. Mine also free range ALL day.

This is the 2nd one, I made this one out of pallets, old wood from a trailer bed, a cheap door from Lowes, only a few 2x4's, and chicken wire. The little duck coops seem much easier, but I would like to be able to walk into mine for easier clean up. Plus, if I have to go out of town, I don't feel bad for leaving them all in here. But, by no means do they need something this big. I keep 5 ducks and 6 chickens in here. Pallets are hard to break apart, but it sure did turn out pretty awesome :) (the roof was existing from a dog run).

(sorry, this one won't rotate)

Back
Top Bottom