Duck eggs turning black? HELP! (pic)

I don't know if it was the same thing, and I'm a newbie to hatching, but my first hatch out of my own chicken eggs I had 3 or 4 that developed dark specking toward the end and in a ring around the egg, almost looked like something seeping thru. they passed the sniff test and I left them in because they were the blue/green EE shell that I had a hard time candleing thru. They ended up hatching. The one that was the dud and didn't hatch had looked fine. If they sniff okay, I'd be tempted to leave them, but then again, I've never had an egg blow up on me. Sounds traumatic!

None of them smell. (I was terrified one would explode everytime I put an egg by my face...eewww!) The ducks are now on day 30 and there is still nothing; no pipping, movement when candled yesterday, shaking or peeping. My one chick egg that I know is alive still has not started. (Today is her day.) Is it possible with my interupting lockdown that it will extend their incubation? The dark areas on the eggs are getting darker and bigger. How long should I leave them in for?

i had a muscovy egg turn dark like that, i thought for sure it meant it was dead, but i candled it and duckling was wiggling away!
It ended up pipping through that darkened area a couple days later!

I have Ancona duck eggs doing this to me right now! Two days ago everyone was peeping and shaking in the shell. Then yesterday one had pipped, but the other three were turning dark blueish black inside the shell. When I candled them I could no longer see movement. It was just one day earlier they were cheeping and rocking. There is no smells. Should I leave them a day or so and see? Is it possible that they just are to big to see movement now? I could have swore I saw one twitch while ago, but now I think I may have wishful thinking! I don't want the one duckling to grow up alone!

I've had about 5 out of the 18 I started with do the same thing and they were all dead or ended up dying. I'm a little worried because I have in egg that I thought was dead because it was so far behind from my other eggs. I candled it a few days later and the little body had so much movement in the egg so I thought it was just a late bloomer. Then today I checked it again and the air pocket end it starting to turn that color but the egg is still moving inside when I candle it. This is the one little egg I was pulling for so I hope it makes it but I don't have high hopes since my eggs are due to start hatching any day and like I said this little guy is half the size of the other eggs but still full of veins and moving so who knows

3 of my duck eggs turned black... they were in the nest yesterday but today they were gone.. I can't find them in my pen anywhere :(
What could have happened?

Any idea what happened to them? I have some dark ones that she is still sitting on but also think their was more and some missing.

This is happening to one of my Aylesbury ducks now - they were due to hatch today and one hatched yesterday morning and the other this morning.

But my third egg has now turned very dark and black looking - I heard cheeping from the egg yesterday but nothing today.

How did it turn out - did the eggs hatch for anyone this has happened to?

I'm really worried!

I had this happen to my only egg that made it 26 days, the embryo looked fabulous, then it started to turned black. At day 30 it started to smell, so I knew it was dead. I opened it up and a perfect little duckling, feathers and all.

So sad :(

Back
Top Bottom