Duck has really bad foot!!!!!

ellie hasn't changed in a while but she has been eating very well and seems alright we have to stop giving her antibiotics cause the vet said to stop for a week so we are going to keep going in a a weeks time but we keep giving her painkiller cause it really seems to make her alot happier

bun.gif
sorry i just really wanted to put that on here

ellie hasn't changed in a while but she has been eating very well and seems alright we have to stop giving her antibiotics cause the vet said to stop for a week so we are going to keep going in a a weeks time but we keep giving her painkiller cause it really seems to make her alot happier

bun.gif
sorry i just really wanted to put that on here
Does her leg look better? the swelling gone down? Thanks for the update, hope she gets completely healed.

the swelling has gone down a bit mostly on the left leg but the right has gone down a bit but she looks in pain whenever her painkillers have worn off

the swelling has gone down a bit mostly on the left leg but the right has gone down a bit but she looks in pain whenever her painkillers have worn off
Well maybe after the week of rest, you can start her back on the baytril and she'll heal the rest of the way, I hope so. Bless her heart.
fl.gif

yeah she's doing better but now theres a lump on her right leg and it is a kind of purple color, also she's really mean now she keeps nipping me and i have 4 places where she's made me bleed (alot) i don't know what to do she looks really uncomfortable and sad do you think i should carry on or just put her out of her misery.

Thanks for all the support and if i do decide to pull the plug i will post pictures and maybe a video. :)

Hollie xxx:)

yeah she's doing better but now theres a lump on her right leg and it is a kind of purple color, also she's really mean now she keeps nipping me and i have 4 places where she's made me bleed (alot) i don't know what to do she looks really uncomfortable and sad do you think i should carry on or just put her out of her misery.

Thanks for all the support and if i do decide to pull the plug i will post pictures and maybe a video. :)

Hollie xxx:)
You know Hollie your the only one who can make that decision, as hard as it is. Maybe the reason she is biting you is because of pain? Has the vet seen this new place on her leg? she could have infection all through her body also. If you do decide to end her suffering [if you feel she is] know you did all you could to help her. I'll be thinking about you both.
hugs.gif
that you'll make the right decision. '
l

Hi Hollie,
I think your duck still has a good chance to make it if you can get some nanosilver solution into her, a couple tablespoons a day on an empty stomach. It's the best way to treat an infection that's complicated and unresolved, and not responsive to antibiotics. They should sell good nanosilver or colloidal silver solutions, that are also not expensive, at your better supplement stores. I will mail you a bottle if I thought you'd get it in time. What's also good is that they have no side effects. Sovereign Silver and Silver Biotics are good brands, but I'm not sure if they're sold in the UK.

Hi guys thanx for all your wonderful advice. Today i put her in with her friends to see if she would bath herself in the water/pond to see if it made her feel better.
When i got home i couldn't find her and i'm really sad to tell you guys but she drowned in her pond. Tomorrow i will give her a funeral. Im quite happy she got to see her friends before she passed but i'm glad that she's not in so much pain anymore. I know drowning is one of the worst ways to go but at least it's over and she's out of her misery. I would really appreciate it if you took a moment to think about her.

Thanx
XHollie

Here are some pictures like i promised in the duckling one's i don't know which one she is.

Hi guys thanx for all your wonderful advice. Today i put her in with her friends to see if she would bath herself in the water/pond to see if it made her feel better.
When i got home i couldn't find her and i'm really sad to tell you guys but she drowned in her pond. Tomorrow i will give her a funeral. Im quite happy she got to see her friends before she passed but i'm glad that she's not in so much pain anymore. I know drowning is one of the worst ways to go but at least it's over and she's out of her misery. I would really appreciate it if you took a moment to think about her.

Thanx
XHollie

Here are some pictures like i promised in the duckling one's i don't know which one she is.

Oh Hollie I am sorry to hear this.. bless her heart and yours.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom