Duck looking slightly 'dirty' on back?

RosemaryDuck

Crowing
Dec 15, 2020
Florida
Hey all! Recently I've noticed Raspberry is pretty dirty on her back feathers. It's been raining non stop back to back, so I attributed it to all the mud. But it seems like it's starting to stain her back. Blackberry is perfectly white and beautiful as usual. Could it be from the rain or him mounting her a lot?

She's perfectly healthy otherwise and laying great. They get extra supplements & veggies/etc so I know it's not a nutrition issue. Can anyone weigh in here? Thanks!

Do you have a drake? Do you have any roosting type fowl that your ducks sit under?

Our drake used to get dirty cuz he would dust bathe like a chicken. He would also scratch like a chicken and make bawk bawk type noises. And he would hiss at cats...Maybe he's not such a good comparison to normal ducks😂

My girls loved it when it would rain, they found craters (dug by pigs) and they rolled around in the water and probed for hours on end. They usually remained dirty for a little while afterwards.

Wait, your dude duck is named Blackberry? I thought they were both girls😂

poor guy
Yeah, I love naming animals after foods (to mix it up a little!). I figured Blackberries & raspberries go together so, why not those names for 2 ducks.

Plus, he's a duck, so I don't think he cares much what his name is 😂. He just wants me to bring more peas!

Yeah, I love naming animals after foods (to mix it up a little!). I figured Blackberries & raspberries go together so, why not those names for 2 ducks.

Plus, he's a duck, so I don't think he cares much what his name is 😂. He just wants me to bring more peas!
Awe! They do go together😂

Man! Now I'm craving berries, stupid diet😭.

Back
Top Bottom