Pics
My 3 Muscovy's are still in the incubator. I'm waiting to see if they hatch and survive before I name them.
But, our "wild" ones that we have that hang around in our yard are named:
Cliff (half of his top bill was taken off), Drake, Nellie & Darla.

I have somewhat gone for names inspired by where the breed originated, but I don't necessarily stick with a these exclusively. I also like old fashioned or flower names, but I think I might have to start going with more food! 🤣

Our WH drake we lost was named Rhys, which is a name for a Welsh king, and then Jemima is named for Jemima puddle duck. There are a LOT of great names in Beatrix Potter! The other two girls are Bianca (with the lightest head / neck), and Tawny (with the medium colored head / neck), but I would change hers if something that better suited her personality came to mind. Mostly I just lump them together as a team, so using color-based names made sense.

For my Australorp chicks, I looked at a map of Australia and was inspired by some Aussie place names (or sayings); my Welsummers are pretty much a mix of flowers and old fashioned...

So I am thinking if I had Pekins, I would look at a map of China and / or just go super basic like Chinese food names. 🤦 Is that awful??? General Tso for a drake(!!!), Chopsticks, Egg roll, Dumpling, Noodle, Egg drop soup, Duck sauce, Ginger, Mirin, Shanghai... I feel like the possibilities are endless tho! 😅 I know it's not Chinese but I also really like Miso and Kim-chee for duck names hahha (I can't get the hiding under a chair emoji to work) please don't hate me, clearly I just love all the Asian cultures! 👍👍

Anywho - FX we are hatch buddies!!! I just set six duck eggs yesterday as well, but I have no idea if they are actually fertile, since we lost our drake. It's a real longshot, but I would be so happy if something were to grow! GL to you! Ain't a whole lot cuter in this big ole world than newborn baby ducklings. 😍
Those are classic! Love em.

My drake is named Quack sparrow aka captain quack
and my ladies who I need in pairs bc the ladies sti k with groups of 2 they always seem to have a buddy when they r awake r the following

Thelma and Louise
Bonnie and clydette
Hershey and kissie
Miss daisy and miss daphadil

I also have a second and third drake but they only have Ccess to the ladies when they r let out of their pen and into the yard their names r

Duck Norris
And
POND...James POND

Back
Top Bottom