Egg 1, looking great, candling from the bottom is pitch black in the egg so i didn’t bother taking a picture. Egg2, the yellow colour is candling from the bottom of the egg, not 100% what to think or expect with that, but the air cell is saddled with Egg 2 too from candying at the top
Egg 1 looks great, egg two dosn’t look as developed, but hopefully he will be ok. How many days have they been in the incubator?

Is the humidity reader helping?
They have been in for about 21 or 22 days. The humidity and temp reader is helping a lot! My incubator stated the temp was at 37.5 when i started but the new reader said it was only 34-35C!! Incubator is currently set at 39.5 and the reader states 37.5 :)

I think duck 2 had passed, i can not longer see the veins in the egg, but saying that i cant see the veins properly in egg 1 because he’s so big now and still moving. I can’t really see any movement from 2 so i’m not too sure

Also a good sign, i could see Egg 1 pushing the membrane up last night ever so slightly, i never got to witness my other egg a few months ago do this as it was a quitter in the end with no internal pip. Looks like Egg 1 is trying to pip :)

Today I have started incubating 6 duck eggs again :) Most likely, all 6 won't hatch but hopefully a few of them will be successful this time!

So, I'd like to know what I could name my duckies and would love to know what everyone else has called their ducks! <3

Me and my partner currently like the names Sugar and Puddle/Puddles!
These ducks are Cherry Valley ducks (Pekin) which will start yellow then turn white.
Love the Flintstone couples names: Fred and Wilma and Pebbles and Bam Bam.

Today I have started incubating 6 duck eggs again :) Most likely, all 6 won't hatch but hopefully a few of them will be successful this time!

So, I'd like to know what I could name my duckies and would love to know what everyone else has called their ducks! <3

Me and my partner currently like the names Sugar and Puddle/Puddles!
These ducks are Cherry Valley ducks (Pekin) which will start yellow then turn white.
Awh I didn't see this thread until now!

I have two ducks, I named one while she was in the egg still, Dougie. I kinda hoped for boys and I liked that name. I decided if she were female she'd be called Winter, so Winter Dougie. But the name "Dougie" stuck and I never call her Winter, or her "full name".

Sprightly didn't get named until she was, probably a week old? Wanted the perfect name, that summed her up. Eventually she jumped out of the brooder, she had so much energy, so I called her Sprightly. Thought she was a boy until way later but there we go, wrong with both of them 😂

Call me crazy, but once day I want a runner called Disco, a muscovy named Quest, and a little call drake called Cowboy 😂🤣

I usually go for elegant meaningful names, but ducks are just too silly for that. 🤣 Maybe someday, sigh.

Awh I didn't see this thread until now!

I have two ducks, I named one while she was in the egg still, Dougie. I kinda hoped for boys and I liked that name. I decided if she were female she'd be called Winter, so Winter Dougie. But the name "Dougie" stuck and I never call her Winter, or her "full name".

Sprightly didn't get named until she was, probably a week old? Wanted the perfect name, that summed her up. Eventually she jumped out of the brooder, she had so much energy, so I called her Sprightly. Thought she was a boy until way later but there we go, wrong with both of them 😂

Call me crazy, but once day I want a runner called Disco, a muscovy named Quest, and a little call drake called Cowboy 😂🤣

I usually go for elegant meaningful names, but ducks are just too silly for that. 🤣 Maybe someday, sigh.
aw i love the idea of disco and cowboy 😅 ive decided, if my hatch goes successfully, duckie will be called Boo, a neutral nickname until i know if its a boy or girl <3 I'm thinking if she's a girl I might call her Sugar or Donut lol, not quite sure about boy names yet.

aw i love the idea of disco and cowboy 😅 ive decided, if my hatch goes successfully, duckie will be called Boo, a neutral nickname until i know if its a boy or girl <3 I'm thinking if she's a girl I might call her Sugar or Donut lol, not quite sure about boy names yet.
Those are such cute names!!
Donut is super cute.
I actually almost used the name Boo, but it never stuck

Back
Top Bottom